Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Helmet with tag

Article about: I went to the fair again and saw a Japanese sword with the same type of tag but with a japanese name and also Roman numerals. The sword blade was a real mess so I didnīt buy it, even the han

Default Helmet with tag

Hi, not sure if this is the right place for this, anyway, here goes. I picked up an M35 helmet at the local flea-market this weekend. Pea-green in colour with brass pins but the decals have been scraped off, inside I found a round thick leather disk with an aluminium hollow rivet in the top through which a string passes and was attached to the helmet liner. The disk is marked George, XC1X. Anyone any ideas what this was for? Many thanks, Roland.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Helmet with tag

Could you post a picture of it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2471-Optimized.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	197225As requested here is a pic of the thick leather disk with inscription. Cheers, Roland.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2471-Optimized.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	197225

XCIX is the Roman numeral equivalent of '99'. I really don't know what it's for, sorry.

?

Roland, lets see the helmet, so we can possibly marry the two, or see why there should be some relation

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2474-Optimized.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	197362Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2473-Optimized.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	197363Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2472-Optimized.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	197365Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2474-Optimized.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	197362Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2473-Optimized.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	197363Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2472-Optimized.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	197365Took some quick pics of the lid but theyīre a bit light Iīm afraid, am currently working here in sunny Rio and itīs very bright outside. Itīs marked EF 66 on the inside skirt and serial No. 13(or5)204 on the rear inside skirt. The aluminium liner band is marked D.R.P. chuberth-werke, K-G, Braunschweig, 1938 and the opposite side of the band is marked 66 n-A 59. As I have already mentioned, the split pins are made of brass. Cheers, Roland.

Sorry about the duplicate pics, donīt know why this happens everytime I post. Cheers, Roland.

Sorry again, that should read: Schuberth-Werk, missed off the īSī.

?

I dont think there is any relationship between the two. Someone put the disc inside at one time and probably forgot about it.

?

Yes totally agree with DougB, could be a key tag, who knows , it could be the tag to some vast fortune, all youve got to do is find the key !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast