Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Helmets M35 Police $ DAK, need opinion.

Article about: One man, a helmet collector, wants to sell some of his helmets. He asked me to help in this matter. But, so that I do not look like a fool, I want to make sure that they are original. He has

Default Helmets M35 Police $ DAK, need opinion.

One man, a helmet collector, wants to sell some of his helmets. He asked me to help in this matter. But, so that I do not look like a fool, I want to make sure that they are original. He has a lot of good and original helmets in his collection, but there is a chance that he might have purchased non-original helmets. And it was in these helmets that i doubts, I ask for your help. Thanks.
    Helmets M35 Police $ DAK, need opinion.Helmets M35 Police $ DAK, need opinion.Helmets M35 Police $ DAK, need opinion.Helmets M35 Police $ DAK, need opinion.Helmets M35 Police $ DAK, need opinion.Helmets M35 Police $ DAK, need opinion.Helmets M35 Police $ DAK, need opinion.Helmets M35 Police $ DAK, need opinion.Helmets M35 Police $ DAK, need opinion.Helmets M35 Police $ DAK, need opinion.Helmets M35 Police $ DAK, need opinion.Helmets M35 Police $ DAK, need opinion.Helmets M35 Police $ DAK, need opinion.Helmets M35 Police $ DAK, need opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmets M35 Police $ DAK, need opinion.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

The Pith looks fine

The helmet looks recently created and aged but it really all depends on the decal. It could have been a recent ground find that wasn't treated. (Edit: from the interior photo it does appear to have been treated Oxalic Acid given the lighter paint color. Still...it's about the decal)

So let's see what others say about the decal. I'm not well versed with police decals
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The Tropical helmet is the second pattern. Shows usual wear. Looks OK.

This member seems to be all about receiving and not giving.
    If you have equal amounts of posts than topics it says a lot about someone’s reason to join.

An appropriate remark, if it were not that loginoff joined the forum a month ago or so and/or may be not that knowledgeable as to get involved in a lot of disscussions.
    I’m keen on the pith helmet. As to the steel helmet, I’ve some concerns. For a start, rust has a showy reddish shade which is suspect. Furthermore I’d expect (but not necessarily) more wear on the “Party” swastika decal. Sure helmet experts may proficiently chime in.

Quote by MarcoPennisi View Post
    An appropriate remark, if it were not that loginoff joined the forum a month ago or so and/or may be not that knowledgeable as to get involved in a lot of disscussions.
    I’m keen on the pith helmet. As to the steel helmet, I’ve some concerns. For a start, rust has a showy reddish shade which is suspect. Furthermore I’d expect (but not necessarily) more wear on the “Party” swastika decal. Sure helmet experts may proficiently chime in.
    After comments are given a sign off thank you is appropriate and gentlemanly behaviour.

Don’t know that I’d be rushing to help the seller “in this matter”!

I would have expected that if this was an original sand camo the paint would have been mixed in with the sand or applied to the shell then overpainted but this looks a bit like sand has simply been stuck on a relic shell. And if that’s sand inside the dome that’s another red flag to my mind as there would be no reason to do so.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    After comments are given a sign off thank you is appropriate and gentlemanly behaviour.
    loginoff actually says… 'I ask for your help. Thanks'. which happens to be a lot more than some would say on here. Give credit where it is due, it looks as though English is not his first language - and give him time to come back with a reply too.

Cheers,
    Steve

MAP
    ?

My view is that this is not a sand camo. But that the sand has been encrusted to the shell from being buried, and then not overly scrubbed clean. And while "red" rust could be a yellow flag, we really need to determine if it is "active" rust. Even then, that is not a killer as if recently removed from the water or sandy soil, it could have turned this color quickly prior to being treated.

To me, this looks like a relic apple green M35 DD police helmet with no camo. Just heavy encrustation

It's all speculation since not having it in hand.

But I still maintain that we should look first at the decal (for which I am not qualified) and then start looking at the other points.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    This member seems to be all about receiving and not giving.
    If you have equal amounts of posts than topics it says a lot about someone’s reason to join.
    Sorry, I didn’t understand the meaning of your message. Yes, as noted below, English is not my native language, I use an online translator, so sometimes there are difficulties in understanding the meaning of some messages.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast