Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help With an Early M34 Feuerschutzpolizei Helmet

Article about: Good Evening everyone, Well myself and Sandgroper went picking today at an older collectors place down here in Perth. The majority of it was repro but there were afew high points, one being

Default Help With an Early M34 Feuerschutzpolizei Helmet

Good Evening everyone,

Well myself and Sandgroper went picking today at an older collectors place down here in Perth. The majority of it was repro but there were afew high points, one being this helmet (of about 12 lids only 4 were any good). Sorry about the crappy pics as I just had the trusty iPhone to snap off afew nice and quick. I am happy with the decals myself, the liner and paint but thought to bounce it on here first. The other problem is he is chasing $1000 for it and I reckon its highway robbery, but I haven't bought one of these before so I dont know the current pricing. Anyone have an Idea of the going rate?

Cheers
    Jason
    Help With an Early M34 Feuerschutzpolizei HelmetHelp With an Early M34 Feuerschutzpolizei HelmetHelp With an Early M34 Feuerschutzpolizei HelmetHelp With an Early M34 Feuerschutzpolizei HelmetHelp With an Early M34 Feuerschutzpolizei HelmetHelp With an Early M34 Feuerschutzpolizei Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help With an Early M34 Feuerschutzpolizei Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Help With an Early M34 Feuerschutzpolizei Helmet

I like the look of it.....jealous a bit!!!!

1000 bucks....bit steep.....I saw one go recently on a German dealers site for AU750..

One thing I also forgot to mention is he also had a marone SS fez for $200. Now I didn't grab any pics of that but what should I look out for in terms of real and fake? I had alittle buzz aroud in the cloth headgear section and learnt afew things but wasn't sure if some here had any others to point out.

Cheers
    Jason

?

SS Fez sounds interesting.....my knowledge of those stems from what I have read here, but if it's fair dinkum, 200 would be a good price!!!!

I've been looking at a few recently, they seem to go for around that price, which surprises me as it is a rather unique peice of SS headgear!

I think a grand for that lid is very steep mate. What is that in Her Majesties Own Currency, about £500 today? I was in your part of the world 10 years ago and the rate was about 3:1, not so these days I reckon

The fez is worth a look but at that price I'd be wary, especially considering how high he has priced that fire helmet.

Yeah I was pretty happy to see that helmet Tony, looked good to me but he didn't want to bargain on the price so I might be pushing doo doo up hill. If I was to own a civial lid, this would be the type i would want.

The fez, well I was close to dropping money but with the fake v real scale well into the fake side, I just couldn't do it.

Jason

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I think a grand for that lid is very steep mate. What is that in Her Majesties Own Currency, about £500 today? I was in your part of the world 10 years ago and the rate was about 3:1, not so these days I reckon

The fez is worth a look but at that price I'd be wary, especially considering how high he has priced that fire

helmet.
    In today's currency it works out at 641 pounds.

Hey Jason, Is the "old collector" the skeleton in the background?? ....I may know him.......

But a grand for the firemans lid and the comb is missing?? The marks seem to be there where it once was but the holes are plugged? And the fez? ...well it could equally have belonged to this bloke!! ..."ah magoo, you've done it again"!!

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images Help With an Early M34 Feuerschutzpolizei Helmet 

?

Strange that this is the second one to turn up within a few days of each other, especially with the same configuration of decals, its a bit pricey in my view, as for the Fez with a price tag of $200 I would give that a wide berth unless you could prove authenticity, if its got insignias those alone would be well over the asking price

The "Old collector" wouldn't have the first name of Leo by any chance?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast