Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Help on Heer Helmet

Article about: I am looking at a possible purchase of this WWII German M40 helmet, with single Heer decal. The helmet has an outline of chicken wire, no chicken wire remains. Rolled edge with pressed vent.

?

Default Help on Heer Helmet

I am looking at a possible purchase of this WWII German M40 helmet, with single Heer decal. The helmet has an outline of chicken wire, no chicken wire remains. Rolled edge with pressed vent. Interior has, what appears to be an original leather liner with 8 fingers. The helmet is marked ET62, size and production number 1119. Some rust on decal, but overall very good condition.
    If at all possible, I would like to get some thoughts and opinions as to it authenticity... etc.
    Thanks

Help on Heer HelmetHelp on Heer HelmetHelp on Heer HelmetHelp on Heer HelmetHelp on Heer HelmetHelp on Heer Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help on Heer Helmet
    P
    Many

A aged helmet. liner pins are different, liner is really red maybe from treatment,possible Norwegian? Rust way to fresh.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Hi, the helmet just seems to artificial to me.

Never buy a helmet based on too small (like these) and fuzzy (like these) photos. We do not live in the Middle Ages anymore. We can zoom in sharply on a sand grain on Mars these days.
    Bad pics always hide something intentionally or unintentionally...
    But this helmet , leave it.

?

Thanks. Once pointed out, all thoughts are very realistic. The Rdd liner was the red flag that I saw. The pins, rust and photos are quite eye opening. Thanks.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Never buy a helmet based on too small (like these) and fuzzy (like these) photos. We do not live in the Middle Ages anymore. We can zoom in sharply on a sand grain on Mars these days.
    Bad pics always hide something intentionally or unintentionally...
    But this helmet , leave it.

Ditto, Jim G.

Hi, I agree with the gents, the rusting is way to prominent and the flat liner pin on one side compard to the rounded one on the other are big red flags. Leon.