Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

help with Heer M40 helmet

Article about: by GIZMO8Z So maybe I am learning a thing or two about a thing or two... Btw, was your avatar picture taken in Florence, Italy? I wish! It was actually taken in Montreal, Canada.

?

Default help with Heer M40 helmet

Hello all,

I would like to purchase this helment but have concerns with the decal. I have looked at web site german helmets.com and really can't find a match - possible a mid-war variant but would like some opinions from people with more knowledge.
    thanks again for all your help again.
    Mike

help with Heer M40 helmethelp with Heer M40 helmethelp with Heer M40 helmethelp with Heer M40 helmethelp with Heer M40 helmethelp with Heer M40 helmethelp with Heer M40 helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help with Heer M40 helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: help with Heer M40 helmet

I am still learning a lot myself, and I may be way off, but it looks a too good to be true to me. May I ask what the asking price is?

Looks perfectly original to me..

Its from Oak leaf militaria right

Just goes to show you that I still have much to learn... I wish you the best of luck!

I don't think this one is good. The decal doesn't look right and the liner doesn't look good either.

The decal is an original Ed Strache decal , which mind you is not your NS factory decal so be careful. A lot of these decals are still sold unapplied and a lot of them have found their way on helmets post war. The liner is no good. Oakleaf militaria has a lot of expensive crap.
    I have seen this helmet before when another collector had bought it. (and returned it)

Don't use Germanhelmets.com as a source , the decals haven't been updated in more than ten years and frankly is way behind what collectors know these days. Pick-up Ken N's book instead.

?

Thanks again for all the info - I was concerned about the decal and not the liner and the liner does look to new! I do have Ken's book but I can enlarge the pictures from german helmets to get a closer look - so I did use both.
    I was concerend about the eye of the eagle - I did not see one that was filled in - maybe my eyes are playing tricks with me as I turn 50 soon.

thanks again for all your help
    mike

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    The decal is an original Ed Strache decal , which mind you is not your NS factory decal so be careful. A lot of these decals are still sold unapplied and a lot of them have found their way on helmets post war.
    That being said, along with the overall look of the helmet, I would say that this is just someone's attempt at producing a high-end fake.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    That being said, along with the overall look of the helmet, I would say that this is just someone's attempt at producing a high-end fake.
    So maybe I am learning a thing or two about a thing or two...

Btw, was your avatar picture taken in Florence, Italy?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast