Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with Helmet.

Article about: Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself before I post pics of helmet,I am primarily a collector of ODM and insignia relating to the British forces in WW1 and WW2 with a special interest in the

Default Help with Helmet.

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself before I post pics of helmet,I am primarily a collector of ODM and insignia relating to the British forces in WW1 and WW2 with a special interest in the Irish Regiments of the British Army pre 1922, I would to hope to contribute to that subforum in the near future but at the moment I need help with identifying this helmet and any other relevant information concerning this helmet.The only other helmet I own is a WW1 British Brodie,my knowledge is negligibe when it comes to German items.
    This helmet was given to me yesterday by my neighbour as he knows I ahve an interest in militaria, he states he got as a 10y/o 40Help with Helmet.Help with Helmet.Help with Helmet.Help with Helmet.Help with Helmet. years ago from a retired British army officer,my neighbour only rediscovered recently and will probably sell it as he is currently out of work.Well, I will let the pics do the talking and I would be gtareful for any help you may be able to give me.
    Best Regards,
    Renmore (Ireland)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with Helmet.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Help with Helmet.

It's a Heer (Army) ET M35, size 66. Info on ET: German-Helmets.com

Don't know if it's authentic or not. Looks good to me, but let's see what the buffs say.

Nitram

You have a fine Heer M35 reissue. The lot number puts the production of this helmet at the very beginning of 1938. He was a member of a headquarters company at a tanker school, if I read that correctly. His rank is 'oberschuetze', which is essentially a private. Is there a decal on the other side? I'm guessing there isn't, in which case this helmet would be a 1940 reissue. It's a fine helmet that I would love to have in my collection. You are a lucky guy.

wish i had a neighbour like yours i would then mo his lawn for a year lol,very nice what looks the part german stahlhelm,dave

?

Looks good to me. Judging by your username, I'm guessing you're just across town from me? If I had the money I would be in the car in five minutes with an offer to your neighbour. Adding a German helmet to my collection of British and American helmets is on my to do list.

Nice helmet! ObKrieger has it covered spot on. The name tag is a nice uncommon touch

I think it's an all around good helmet. I would jump on it with an offer or see what he wants for it. Get a shot of the right side so we can see if there is a decal on top or under the paint. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Nice helmet,for sure. I'm thinking that Herr Viehl had abit of a headache the last time he wore it, though, from the looks of the liner.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi,
    Nice helmet i was thinking the same as Wagriff, going by the liner stains. thanks for showing it.
    Dave.

Great woodwork find.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast