Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

help ID helmet

Article about: hello, I am thinking about buying a helmet from an antique store and need help with determining if it is a ww2 german helmet. it looks like a one-piece Gladiator that is in the chart on this

trekkie66
    ?

Default help ID helmet

hello, I am thinking about buying a helmet from an antique store and need help with determining if it is a ww2 german helmet. it looks like a one-piece Gladiator that is in the chart on this forum.. stamped on the inside is 'bund' and 'blsv'.

now just need to figure out how to post the image :/

thanks, aaron

2. # ADS

MAP
    ?

Follow these steps....

help ID helmet

help ID helmet

help ID helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

trekkie66
    ?

Thanks! Sorry new to this forum...
    I can get more pics if needed, I figure this first image will at least give us an idea if it is a German WW2 era helmet or not.

Thanks again!

help ID helmet

MAP
    ?

NP. Not uncommon on first post to get confused. But there after it is quite simple.

Welcome to the forum.

Not a WW2 german era helmet. There were one piece Gladiator style helmets but not like this. Inside photos may help ID the origins.

Check out this link for legitimate examples or use the search function at the top of the page. There are many examples on the forum to compare to.

German-Helmets.com

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

I would add that I think it is a post war production. BLSV (Bundesluftschutzverband, Federal Air Protection Associations

Not sure if you can see the photos in this link but your helmet (in white) is there

Early ZB and THW items - Page 2 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

MAP is correct, it is a West German version of the 'Gladiator', produced and issued in the 50s and 60s and used until quite recently. Commonly seen in white, but other colours are not unusual. See the lower area of this page - ALEMÁN 38 GLADIATOR - for more information. These have only recenly become generally available as surplus and have caused some confusion with people who want the WW2 version.