Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help on M42 Camo

Article about: Hey guys I’m being offered this from the dealers personal collection from my point of view I like the patina, the dome of the helmet seems to maybe have a shrapnel hit or maybe just a imperf

Default Help on M42 Camo

Hey guys I’m being offered this from the dealers personal collection from my point of view I like the patina, the dome of the helmet seems to maybe have a shrapnel hit or maybe just a imperfection in it from when it was made since m42’s seem to have them which I’ve seen mainly in the skirts of the helmet. The thing I do not like is the liner stitching is practically gone and is splitting. I will be getting the makers mark, batch number and closer up pictures of the vents/decal areas and will keep this thread updated. All of your guys’s expertise is appreciated as I know it takes a consensus from everybody for a camo helmet to be accepted as authentic. Also this is from a more reputable dealer but I know even they sell Dud’s every great once in a while by accident. Thank you guys as always.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help on M42 Camo   Help on M42 Camo  

Help on M42 Camo   Help on M42 Camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help on M42 Camo
    P
    Many

Always be careful of the words personal collection , the photos are not decent enough to Judge the camo.
    Maker and lot nr are Always important as are decal area close-ups and paint close-ups.

It will be interesting to see the closeups as I’m sure the asking price on this isn’t cheap. Also ask for pictures of the dome. Looks like there may have been the original soldiers name in red in the rear skirt at some stage or perhaps that of a returning soldier.

What sort of price range are they asking for this one?
    Last edited by AndyM35; 06-05-2019 at 11:11 PM.

Hi Andy! And actually the asking price was very surprising as it’s around 1,000 usd which is a lot of money but low for a Camo. I know it’s not always a good thing when the asking price is lower than market value lol but there is always hope. I will have the pictures soon hopefully and will update them to the sight. And I also asked for some dome pictures as well.

Liner looks "suspect". Better pics needed
    D.

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Hi Andy! And actually the asking price was very surprising as it’s around 1,000 usd which is a lot of money but low for a Camo. I know it’s not always a good thing when the asking price is lower than market value lol but there is always hope. I will have the pictures soon hopefully and will update them to the sight. And I also asked for some dome pictures as well.
    Price is a red flag.

Exactly what I was thinking Schwerpunkt... although even if this comes up as a complete dud it got me to read your section on advice for camo helmets and I must say that was very educating. So one positive thing will come from this.

TWS
    ?

I've seen the infamous E.D. try to use the "this is out of my personal collection" line to help move his creations.

High res close ups are needed for this one.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

I just received more photos from the dealer So I wanted to update this thread Camos everywhere lol.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help on M42 Camo   Help on M42 Camo  

MAP
    ?

From these new photos I like it much more.

Looking at it from a cell phone so will need to look closer tonight.

The seller is very well respected
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast