Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Help me kill some ignorance

Article about: Heer and Km helmets are painted the same . Factory M35 Kms only are ET so far . KM decals are difficult to identify based on few more or less good pics but depending the decal maker , you ca

Default Re: Help me kill some ignorance

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I edited the photo above somewhat , unless better pics will give better color I say Heer.
    That is better than what I did.Thank you.I will take some more pictures .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help me kill some ignorance
    P
    Many

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    You can not show that helmet with out showing us all the painting on it.That really looks nice.
    I agree that is some nice looking art work.

Quote by francis006 View Post
    from this photos , I can't clearly see the typical rigde or any typical Km features so I would say toned Heer so far .If you have time for a very good pic with natural light , it could help
    Here one I took in day light ,I do not think it is going to help much but just in case.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help me kill some ignorance  

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Here one I took in day light ,I do not think it is going to help much but just in case.
    Indeed Chris , I sadly can't tell you more as I still can't see the details I'm looking for ,sorry

Quote by francis006 View Post
    Indeed Chris , I sadly can't tell you more as I still can't see the details I'm looking for ,sorry
    You were very helpful and I am glad you were willing to take your time to look at it.

What is the ridge that I keep hearing about?

Quote by ncblksmth1 View Post
    What is the ridge that I keep hearing about?
    On some KM decals ("ET" types ) , the ridge is a edging you can see all around the eagle and caused by the printing process . You also can see something like this on few Heer decals

First can you post a photo of this "ridge". Second what is ET aside for an alien who phones home. LOL

No ET isn't the famous alien but a helmet maker . As decals found on factory ETs have no maker mark (only Nbrs) , I call them "ET" types
    You should learn all helmet makers , it could help you
    here is a close up of the ridge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help me kill some ignorance  

I see now. Thanks.

So there were extra layers of paint/decal applied to the backing and then it was slid onto the helmet?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast