Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help! Original or fake?

Article about: Hello everyone, I have this helmet M35 to get my hands on a lot of things and wanted to know your opinion if it is original or fake, beyond restoration that made him that I do not like. Than

Default Help! Original or fake?

Hello everyone,
    I have this helmet M35 to get my hands on a lot of things and wanted to know your opinion if it is original or fake, beyond restoration that made him that I do not like.

Thank you very much and greetings from Argentina

Help! Original or fake?Help! Original or fake?Help! Original or fake?Help! Original or fake?Help! Original or fake?Help! Original or fake?Help! Original or fake?Help! Original or fake?Help! Original or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help! Original or fake?
    P
    Many

Love it Regards Larry

STOP IT !! STOP IT NOW !! Pay No Mind to the Moderator

Help! Original or fake?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Fritz..I dont collect helmets..and I cant speak for the shell..but the rest of the helmet has been ruined with a repaint..modern decals...and a brand spanking new liner. These accommodations are not from the TR period..wait for other replies.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It's 100% fake in every way, even the shell.

You OK, Larry? lol

I certainly express bad, I know this repainted and the liner is not original, I was interested to know about the shell that was what I generated doubts

I apologize if my question was very silly
    regards

Forth Reich!

Its Ok Fitz..just having some fun..and glad you brought your helmet here...you will learn much from reading through many of these threads within this forum..and granted you will gained more knowledge than you came in with. No apologies necessary...welcome to the forum..we like to have fun here and have also serious study at the same time. Enjoy your stay. Regards Larry

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    It's 100% fake in every way,
    even the shell.
    Indeed - the entire thing is !
    Regards,

Steve.

Here is a lesson on reproduction helmets to help the new collectors out a bit.

Have a look at these stamps and the edge rolling of the helmet.
    Help! Original or fake?Help! Original or fake?

Then look at yours ......
    Help! Original or fake?

Notice the wavy uneven edge and the stamping almost touching it?

This is NEVER how an original shell was marked and the rolled edge ( while a bit wavy ) was still more uniform than the reproductions out of China or India are.

Hope this helps you?
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast