MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

help with sd helmet

Article about: Ok sounds right to me looks like I can join the have u been Burt forum now ha. But thanks heaps for all info you guys have given me I'm really happy that I can get help with these things it'

Default help with sd helmet

i just got this helmet and just wanted to no what you guys think is the decal real or fake and liner and chin strap all good this is the best i can do with the camera ive got at moment but would be realy gratefull if i could get some idea if its the real deal or fake thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help with sd helmet   help with sd helmet  

help with sd helmet   help with sd helmet  

help with sd helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help with sd helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: help with sd helmet

The shell, liner, and I think the strap are all good, but unfortunately I think the decal is a repro. Could you provide the maker, size and lot number?

Hi there,i like the helmet but the decal looks to be over the top of another luftwaffe bird,so that rings a few bells.

?

looks like theres a second decal underneath that one ?

staps on the skert are et6* cant make out the next number rust there at the back 1900 could have the decal been replaced in the field

Looks like the decal is laid over another underneath?
    Last edited by Glenn66; 09-15-2012 at 02:10 PM.

when i run my finger over the decal it fells raised a littel bit and ive been looking at it under a magnifying glass i can see little poped air holes if that helps the decal 67x33 mm but thanks a lot for the info

looks like ill be joining wrf club soon do you guys think i should take it back and try to get my money back or what should be the right thing to do

G,day Geelong, Looking at the Decal i can only concur with what others have said, i believe it is a repro Decal judging by the tiny evidence of the white lines evident on the left wing (as we see it ) and down the back of the tail.
    The lower claw clutching the Swastika seems to have been muddled up a bit so as not to be identified as a repro, it could be that some one has overlaid a new Decal over an original one that was in poor shape or they have tried twice to apply a repro Decal....of course these are just my observations.

Cheers Phill.

Hi,that depends on how much you paid for it,as the helmet itself looks quite good.There looks to be a decent original decal under there to, if the other decal could be removed without damageing the original one i think you have yourself a nice lid.I would be supprised if the current decal was a period replacement as by the time the M42 was being issued most had no decal and the order to remove unit identification on helmets was coming out so why then would anyone have replaced their damaged decal??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast