Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help with stahlhelm

Article about: Being somewhat new to helmets I'd like some opinions on this one. Model, variant? Original paint and decal? Liner? You guys know the drill. Good or bad I would love to hear it before I attem

My advice, rather than buy a head ache, wait for one with the accepted pointed bottom DRK decal. I for one will not accept the round bottom version as original unless and until a period photograph emerges that proves that these were period used. Just my 2 cents, which, as I have confessed many times in the past, my wife says aren't worth a penny. Jim G.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with stahlhelm
    P
    Many

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I did a short blog post on one I used the USB microscope on and also talked with several collectors about this decal. Generally it is perceived as being post war.

https://germanhelmetvault.com/2017/0...-bottom-decal/

Read you "Blog" & agree with it. Whatever the case will be with these decals, whether "Real" or not, if they are rejected by the collecting community, then they are deemed bad. As Jim says & Frank...until period photos can prove the "Round bottom" existed...gotta leave it alone & walk away.

Thank you guys for your time. I really appreciate it.

Donation to the forum made.

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Donation to the forum made.
    Your posting of the helmet was a great donation to the forum ! Interesting topic for sure & a learning experience for a few of us.

Thanks, David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2