Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hi All - new member with a Q RE ? Aluminium M34?

Article about: Hi All, just joined & Am enjoying reading lots of useful info I've come across a ?German stahlhelm, apparently reused by the French fire services after WW2. I'm yet to see it in person,

Default Hi All - new member with a Q RE ? Aluminium M34?

Hi All, just joined & Am enjoying reading lots of useful info

I've come across a ?German stahlhelm, apparently reused by the French fire services after WW2. I'm yet to see it in person, but will hopefully do so soon.

It appears to be an M34, but the vent holes just don't look to be in the right spot. Also, although the owner is making no representations as such, it looks to be Aluminium.

Obviously it has had a post-war liner fitted - very modern, looking at the plastic webbing.

It has been brought from France, along with some other helmets - French & Italian.

What do people think this really is? I'm only a raw newbie at this

And - value?

Thanks

Rob.

Hi All - new member with a Q RE ? Aluminium M34?Hi All - new member with a Q RE ? Aluminium M34?Hi All - new member with a Q RE ? Aluminium M34?Hi All - new member with a Q RE ? Aluminium M34?Hi All - new member with a Q RE ? Aluminium M34?
    Attached Images Attached Images Hi All - new member with a Q RE ? Aluminium M34?  Hi All - new member with a Q RE ? Aluminium M34?  Hi All - new member with a Q RE ? Aluminium M34? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hi All - new member with a Q RE ? Aluminium M34?
    P
    Many

?

Looks like it could be an old ww2 German fireman style helmet without the leather neck protector. Don't know.

Hi mate, welcome. This one is a post war example I'm afraid. The liner is the giveaway with that bracket at the crown, the shell shape is subtley different also, and marked differently. Stick around though and you'll learn a lot

?

If it were WWII, it should have the comb, or holes for one on top, right? I thought these shells were reissued postwar.

I'm afraid Andy is correct. I had an exact same type in better condition with no decals. I think i sold it on eBay for peanuts. I'll see if I can find the photos. And welcome.

?

I learn something new here everyday Thanks Todd and Andy.

Oh, I forget to say "welcome" to the new user

Post-war german helmet.
    No real value.
    chris

welcome wombat, post war but cool looking. This is the place to learn, pull your desk up to the front of the class and hold on. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Found my pics

Thanks guys, I knew there was something not right about it.

The seller is being 'economical' with details. I'm going to look at it anyway, as I want to see some of the other helmets this guy has. I still think it looks cool though

I have to wonder though - why would the French use such a hated symbol of German oppression? I understand if they re-issued captured helmets as an economy measure, but why purchase / commission new ones..... I guess we'll never know