Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Himmler Helmet Thread

Article about: Here are some "Himmler" style shells, both combat weight and light/medium weight, with both vent lugs and screen vents, in no particular order, to start this thread. Please add ALL

Default Himmler Helmet Thread

Here are some "Himmler" style shells, both combat weight and light/medium weight, with both vent lugs and screen vents, in no particular order, to start this thread. Please add ALL Himmler style helmets (and ONLY HIMMLER style helmets, to this thread. Looking forward to seeing where this thread goes. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Himmler Helmet Thread   Himmler Helmet Thread  

Himmler Helmet Thread   Himmler Helmet Thread  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler Helmet Thread
    P
    Many

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Here are some "Himmler" style shells, both combat weight and light/medium weight, with both vent lugs and screen vents, in no particular order, to start this thread. Please add ALL Himmler style helmets (and ONLY HIMMLER style helmets, to this thread. Looking forward to seeing where this thread goes. Jim G.
    Jim , smashing examples all. last one though is not Himmler style right ?

It is Frank, a very early example. The chinstrap is attached to the liner. According to Al Barrows, because the chin straps attached to the liner regularly failed, the attachment method was modified and the manufacturer started attaching the straps directly to the shell with the distinctive rivets seen on the other examples. When I have a minute I will shoot some side by side shots with other combat weight Himmlers - the shells are identical. Jim G.

PS - Early droopbill/droop visor helmets also had the chin straps attached to the liners, but, apparently for the same reason, the chinstraps of later examples are attached directly to the shell with similarly positioned rivets. I have at least one example of a drop bill helmet with the chinstrap attached to the liner, a gray reverse double decal Police helmet.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    It is Frank, a very early example. The chinstrap is attached to the liner. According to Al Barrows, because the chin straps attached to the liner regularly failed, the attachment method was modified and the manufacturer started attaching the straps directly to the shell with the distinctive rivets seen on the other examples. When I have a minute I will shoot some side by side shots with other combat weight Himmlers - the shells are identical. Jim G.

PS - Early droopbill/droop visor helmets also had the chin straps attached to the liners, but, apparently for the same reason, the chinstraps of later examples are attached directly to the shell with similarly positioned rivets. I have at least one example of a drop bill helmet with the chinstrap attached to the liner, a gray reverse double decal Police helmet.
    if you look at the SA helmet from the side, it really has a similarity .... I have never known either ... you never stop learning .... very nice helmet

?

Then I would like to join my Himmlerstyle's also ..... I hope we can carry some together ...

Regards Dirk

?

Himmlerstyle Wehrmacht Parade Helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Himmler Helmet Thread   Himmler Helmet Thread  

?

Himmlerstyle Bath & Wagner " Gunmetal Blue " used by early ϟϟ

Himmler Helmet Thread  

?

Black overpainted Himmlerstyle basic questions was green ... ventilation screens instead of ventilation bolts

?

Black overpainted Himmlerstyle basic color was green ... with ventilation bolts

?

Friends.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Himmler Helmet Thread  

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast