Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Himmler style helmet ?

Article about: Good evening gents I purchased this austrian M16 helmet which is I believe a Himmler style helmet used in the interwar period by political organisations or even civil defense in Germany. Lin

Default Himmler style helmet ?

Good evening gents

I purchased this austrian M16 helmet which is I believe a Himmler style helmet used in the interwar period by political organisations or even civil defense in Germany.

Liner is there but a strange one to be honest, painted black which seems to be the original colour as some rust is bubbling from underneath slowly.

There are some initials in pencil inside the liner: "F.H" which is nice too. I cannot distinguish any factory lot number however.

Would love to know your thoughts and pictures of refference.Himmler style helmet ?Himmler style helmet ?Himmler style helmet ?Himmler style helmet ?Himmler style helmet ?Himmler style helmet ?Himmler style helmet ?Himmler style helmet ?

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler style helmet ?
    P
    Many

This one had screen vents, not the so called "Frankenstein lugs". It is a light weight version of the "Himmler" style helmet, and certainly representative. These were used by myriad organizations, Police, Fire, RLB, Luftschutz, etc., and came in various colors, black the most common, but also green, grey, blue etc. The liner is correct, and sometimes the maker's name can be seen on an ink stamp on the band or on the back of a pad. Jim G.

Thank you helmet2id.

Why do you claim representative ? Do you have some pics of ith with the screen vents on ? Cheers

By "representative" I meant a nice example. Jim G.

Here are a few light weight Himmlers with screen vents, a DD RLB, a DD Police, and a SD RLB.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Himmler style helmet ?   Himmler style helmet ?  

Himmler style helmet ?   Himmler style helmet ?  

Himmler style helmet ?   Himmler style helmet ?  

Thank you kindly Jim

Great examples indeed there. Too bad mine has no decal + vents.