Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hitler Youth Helmet

Article about: Hello,Just wondering if a helmet I have is real. The liner is paper cloth and the chinstrap has a late war plastic-leathery feel. Single piece gladiator style helmet with a single hitler you

Default Re: Hitler Youth Helmet

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    GREAT PICTURE - and yes, up until a minute ago if I saw that helmet on a table at a show I would have walked right by! Are there any period photos of a helmet with the small diamond HJ decal? I would love to see one. Cheers, Jim G.
    I haven't seen any Jim. In fact this picture is part of a DJ album I just picked up. It has several photos, that if you saw them "out" of a photograph, you would scream Fake!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Helmet
    P
    Many

Super picture John! Thanks for sharing it.

I too have never seen a period photo of the small diamond HJ insignia in wear and I am also wary about these.

Cheers, Ade.

If you really want an opinion from forum members, you must find a way to get a couple of very clear photos of the decal with no glare in natural daylight. It is most likely a fake, but sometimes treasures do pop up.

John Brandon, you just shocked me with that photo. I would have laughed that helmet off if I saw it at a show. I wish we could get a modern photo of one of these beauties.

Its one of those rare shaped helmets which where seen in the footage in 1945.need close ups of the decal.my big concern is the liner.its spotless and a good quality leather .the sweat which would have been exspended into a helmet like this when germany was being bombed would have darkened it and a further 60 years even more.im convinced the liner has to be a repro ,lv

There is nothing wrong with the liner. It is typical for it's type and has simply seen little use.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I too have never seen a period photo of the small diamond HJ insignia in wear
    do you know what Ade

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a fabrication a number of years ago. To fed the ego's of over zealous collectors. If it was an official thing, surely there would be orders written somewhere? Even in LB's bible, there's no mention of them.

Everyone I've even seen does not hold up to scrutiny

Do any of you guys have a original one,would love to see pictures.Never seen a original one for sell or in collection.

that combo on ebay has been around for a few years,,,,i would only believe one exists if it came with Provenance from a vet or his family,,,,documentation is always the key element in these types of things....

Adrian sorry to differ with you on the liner.I cant believe leather could look that good, and clean after 60 years .why would a helmet like this which was used behind the lines have gotten little use when the citys in germany where in flames in 45.I know the style of the liner is consistent with this type of helmet, but it would certanly put me off the helmet ,then i would think the hj badge was bad also,lv

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast