Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Hitler Youth Helmet

Article about: Hello,Just wondering if a helmet I have is real. The liner is paper cloth and the chinstrap has a late war plastic-leathery feel. Single piece gladiator style helmet with a single hitler you

Default Re: Hitler Youth Helmet

Hi Frank, Thanks for the reply. I am a bit disappointed, because it would have been great to have some photographic evidence of the decal in use. Thanks again, Jim G.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

the points maid in the long reply have some validation ,maybe little used in a war,but 60 odd years sitting around since the war.i guess i have an aversion to mint examples.maybe it is genuin and i hope it is for you ,but if a person puts a helmet up they are going to get opinion which deserve respect.i heard a little black humour quip (if you where drowning, and a lawyer, a used car salesman ,and a drunk where on the beach, which one do you think would risk his life to save you? ,answer none of them!!!lv

One my assistant mutters under her breath every so often when I pile on the work late in the day - QUESTION - "What do you call 1000 lawyers chained together at the bottom of a lake?" - ANSWER - "A GOOD START!"
    (By the way, does anyone need an excellent secretary? She is now looking for work. Just kidding, my office would collapse without her.) Cheers, Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 08-18-2010 at 01:32 PM.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    One my assistant mutters under her breath every so often when I pile on the work late in the day - QUESTION - "What do you call 1000 lawyers chained together at the bottom of a lake?" - ANSWER - "A GOOD START!"
    (By the way, does anyone need an excellent secretary? She is now looking for work. Just kidding, my office would collapse without her.) Cheers, Jim G.
    I will have to tell my wife this one.
    chris

its missing one of it cork washers. and is it just the poor image but is there two diferent paint tones on the inside of the helmet. with the decal the swasticker a bit out of shape.

ref the helmet these do show up in a mint state and are not uncommon as for the decal there is no period paper work authorizing them and the market is flooded with fake decals ready to apply so one must be very aware of this and handle these and other stuff with kid gloves . I have the picture in question Darin refered to from another source and caution it is labelled as a photo shop fake by many so once again beware
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234