Become our sponsor and display your banner here

HJ Helmet?

Article about: Hey guys i popped into a local antique shop on a whim and i noticed a HJ black helmet and the dealer wanted 65 for it. I knew it was a HJ helmet because it was a little smaller than a norma

Default HJ Helmet?

Hey guys i popped into a local antique shop on a whim and i noticed a HJ black helmet and the dealer wanted 65 for it. I knew it was a HJ helmet because it was a little smaller than a normal helmet and it also was stamped with either '25' or '27' inside of it. The dealer told me that it was brought back from the war but the vets wife wouldn't allow the helmet in the house so it was left outside and used as a flower pot, i cannot see any traces of decals but the helmet isn't in too bad a shape although the helmet has a 'bubbly' effect on it due to being left outside to face the elements. But what i would like to know is what would be a good price for it in this condition, i know it is hard because there are no pictures. Also there is no liner
    Thanks, Glen.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ Helmet?

About half the asking price, IMO, sounds like a rusty shell on which the black paint is about to fall off and with no decals just it's small size to say it's HJ.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi,
    i think bond it about right, as it is just ashell with little paint on it and no decals, the small shells are harder to find
    so it might be worth getting to restore. But dont pay to much just for a shell.
    dave.

I must comply with Dave and Jerry.
    Regards