Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

How about this transistional?

Article about: Well, I bought this from a trusted friend in the collecting world. I had no issues with it until looking through this forum. I want you guys to check it out and tell me what you think. I hav

Default How about this transitional, DD Heer?

Well, I bought this from a trusted friend in the collecting world. I had no issues with it until looking through this forum. I want you guys to check it out and tell me what you think. I have another M40 I will post later on, as I would like everyone to have a look at all of my stuff eventually, but we will start with this. Thanks in advance, looks like I will be able to learn a lot here.

Nathan
    How about this transistional?How about this transistional?How about this transistional?How about this transistional?How about this transistional?How about this transistional?How about this transistional?How about this transistional?
    Last edited by Nathan362; 11-30-2011 at 06:26 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How about this transistional?
    P
    Many

Default Re: How about this transistional?

I'm no authority on these by any means, but I have to say I do like the look
    of this one more than some of the other transitional helmets I've seen
    on the Forum lately. Please wait for further comments.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

From what i can see, the tri-colour has a funny shape to it but it might be just be a poorly applied decal or possibly a painted one, the adler appears ok, paint and liner look ok, all in all i would say its a good one, does the liner ring have any markings etc or the underside of the leather

The only other mark is a "59" on the inside of the same tongue as the "57 is marked. This marking apears near the band. Also, I believe in my limited experience that the Tri-Color is indeed a decal, and not paint. Again, I am pretty new to this, so I could be totally wrong.

?

Well you have it in hand so you can tell the difference, does the decal feel raised or flat , rough or smooth to the touch , is there a pronounced lip to the edge of the decal

It does have a slight raised feeling, and matches the texture of the helmet pretty well (rough). Again I am no expert! One thing that lead me to the decal conclusion is that there is no raised edges between colour changes. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the replies, BTW!

It's an Austrian shell , with the correct set of decals.

100% correct Austrian transitional.