Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

How to display Feuershutzpolizei helmet w. neck guard?

Article about: Hi all, I have a marvelous civic fire police helmet that I acquired earlier this year (haven't posted it on here yet though) and was wondering how to display it... The problem I am having is

Default How to display Feuershutzpolizei helmet w. neck guard?

Hi all,

I have a marvelous civic fire police helmet that I acquired earlier this year (haven't posted it on here yet though) and was wondering how to display it... The problem I am having is that I do not want all of the weight to be centered on the dome pad as I fear this will leave marks and possibly damage the leather covering the pad over time --- so, any suggestions? I'd love to see how others display theirs

btw: here's a photo of my helmet from the listing, haven't gotten around to shooting any myself yet...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How to display Feuershutzpolizei helmet w. neck guard?
    P
    Many

These helmets are pretty light and I do not think it would hurt the dome pad all that much, but if that does worry you, you can try plastic risers like I have my caps on, that way there is room for your neckflap to hang down and you can also display related items underneath it, very nice condition helmet btw

Thanks for chiming in and thanks for the compliment! I actually thought about something like that but it didn't occur to me with an actual built for the purpose (sort of) riser in mind --- it's a good idea but, like you said, these are lightweight and perhaps I'm worrying too much... It's just that with the super condition it's in I'd rather not do anything that will cause any unnecessary wear and tear. Like the info tag in your display btw! I've been thinking about doing something similar myself so that people can actually read about the items instead of asking me all those questions