Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

How many helmets are there?

Article about: Doug, you make very good points. I didn't mean to sound as harsh as I did with my previous comment, but I agree with you in that it's beneficial to other collectors if they research their he

Default Re: How many helmets are there?

Doug, you make very good points. I didn't mean to sound as harsh as I did with my previous comment, but I agree with you in that it's beneficial to other collectors if they research their helmets as they should- that's pretty much what I meant when I said 'unless they own a museum...'.
    Oh, and '20 helmets a year'- I'd settle for one a year, and even that's unrealistic sadly. It's a shame that my desired career paths are destined to make me poor! Having said that, militaria collection-wise I've not done so bad, considering how young I am. I'm at that point in life where I can no longer spend lots of money on such things for a while now; oh the joys of being a student.

Mat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How many helmets are there?
    P
    Many

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    Doug, you make very good points. I didn't mean to sound as harsh as I did with my previous comment, but I agree with you in that it's beneficial to other collectors if they research their helmets as they should- that's pretty much what I meant when I said 'unless they own a museum...'.
    Oh, and '20 helmets a year'- I'd settle for one a year, and even that's unrealistic sadly. It's a shame that my desired career paths are destined to make me poor! Having said that, militaria collection-wise I've not done so bad, considering how young I am. I'm at that point in life where I can no longer spend lots of money on such things for a while now; oh the joys of being a student.

Mat
    I'm in the same boat as you, brother. Collecting is much easier when you have the money, haha...

?

Hey guys I feel your pain. I used to pick up knick knacks when I was 14-17 at local antique and pawn shops growing up. School, work, family etc all made for no time, no spare money, etc but being a WW1 and WW2 nutcase, I always knew at some point I when I was able I would dive in head first. After much decision SS helmets became my focal point and area I chose to explore and acquire as much expertise as possible. The cool thing is no matter what we can afford and what we choose to collect there is always something new to learn and something new to admire and hey never say never to acquiring militaria who knows what lays ahead?

The fact that you are here says a lot!

Doug Buhler: Our personal militaria motivational speaker : )

You're very right about there always being something new to learn and admire. I started collecting when I was about 7 years old. I remember being 10 and thinking that I knew everything there is to know about militaria. Boy, was I wrong. lol

I love getting every piece I can though. Everything has a history down to the toothbrush that came from the Vietnam War (Yes, I have one!) so it's always interesting. We are an army of history preservers my friends. I always thought it would be cool to win the lottery. I'd buy out every militaria site I could find. : )

I hear you I only have one helmet- German SS, but I had a little money then, but like a fool I got it restored, now I could kick myself in the ---- I feel like I ruined it, but whats done is done, now I don't think I will ever be able to buy another, but thats life, so I buy bayonets & other stuff I can afford, I have one cherry British helmet & about 5 or 6 U.S. m-1's even they are getting high in price, but I guess I just have to be happy with what I can get & just dream about what I can't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2