Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How rare were double decal M40's?

Article about: Here's that one. He want's \\$1,500 for it I think?

?

Default How rare were double decal M40's?

How rare were double decal M40's . Were double decal m40's only on low batch number shells or do batch numbers not work like that i.e low numbers being early shells and the higher the number the later the shell.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How rare were double decal M40's?
    P
    Many

?

Default re: How rare were double decal M40's?

Very rare for Heer, I know of only a few, maybe 3 or 4. Cant recall seeing a LW DD M40, there was one for sale recently by a credible seller but i dont remember it that well. Never seen a KM DD M 40. Police are all DD.

SS there are more especially with Quist and Q factory applied party decals, some are known with field applied party decals like NS and Pocher. Some ET SS Dd are out there. Lot number is not something to go by with the exception of ET as there is no proof they are sequential. ET restarted lot numbers with the early M40 so you will see DD ET SS with both "high" and "low" lot numbers but they are exceptionally rare and should only have ET party decals.

Why do you ask? Do you have one?

To clarify Doug, the earliest ET M40 shells will have very high numbers sequential with the 35 series, and then back to 1, 2, 3 a little into the M40 production?

?

Yes basically that was it. I'm not sure how "low" they restarted by memory. The rest of the lot numbers by maker are all over the map.

Thanks, a little useful snippet logged.

?

Thanks guys for the info.

?

I wonder if Ken N or some of the long time helmet collectors have seen more Heer and any LW or KM?

A friend of mine has an M40 DD Heer that he acquired well over 20 years ago. His is the only one I have seen in hand. I will see him later today and get the maker/size and lot number.

?

I have one posted on GHW as well, I'll post it here when I return home. I've owned several SS examples as well, I have 2 remaining.

?

Default Re: How rare were double decal M40's?

Doug,

I have seen an example of a Luft M40 DD - Bob Iqbal has one on his site.

Made by ET and size 62 batch # 915

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast