Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

I am interested in this helmet...but the decals are suspicious in my opinion...

Article about: Hello, this is julekpl again. I have a question about this helmet. The decals don't seem right in my opinion, and I am not experienced enough to trust my judgement, and so I ask of you fine

Default I am interested in this helmet...but the decals are suspicious in my opinion...

Hello, this is julekpl again. I have a question about this helmet. The decals don't seem right in my opinion, and I am not experienced enough to trust my judgement, and so I ask of you fine people, what are your opinions? Thank you I am interested in this helmet...but the decals are suspicious in my opinion...I am interested in this helmet...but the decals are suspicious in my opinion...I am interested in this helmet...but the decals are suspicious in my opinion...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I am interested in this helmet...but the decals are suspicious in my opinion...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: I am interested in this helmet...but the decals are suspicious in my opinion...

Both decals are reproductions, best to avoid this one.

Default Re: I am interested in this helmet...but the decals are suspicious in my opinion...

Quote by DougB View Post
    Both decals are reproductions, best to avoid this one.
    Hi Doug, could you help our untrained Eyes and explain why they are Repros? Imean is it the shape, the colour,the graphics etc...

Phill

Real decals don't wear quite like that. Another important thing to look at it the wear on the decals vs. the wear on the rest of the helmet. This is a perfect example of how fakers will put so much effort into masking the decals that they forget about everything else altogether.

?

Quote by WOODSNAKE View Post
    Hi Doug, could you help our untrained Eyes and explain why they are Repros? Imean is it the shape, the colour,the graphics etc...

Phill
    Phil these 2 are so simple that nearly anyone should be able to tell with just a quick look to real decals for compare. Note how high the circle sits in the party decal. Fake. Note the round bottom of the runic decal? Fake. Those 2 simple things to remember on any SS/Party decal that are dead 100 mile away giveaways. Finally look at the forced wear on these as said in the above post, totally unnatural, manmade wear. This also exposes the decals "guts", real SS decals are not made this way. But that gets into deeper study and subtleties.

A guy could write a small novel on every bad fake SS or party decal posted on the various fora. I recommend those that want to learn copy every fake SS and party decal and save them for later study, and study is needed. Save every real photo of SS decals and study those. Compare the differences. Get hands on real ones. It's a rewarding hobby then!

Cheers
    Doug

thank you all for your responses. I have a book on all known Nazi helmets, and I had a feeling this one was a bit odd...

The wear is already a huge red flag , paint color is not correct and of course the actual decal graphics.

Thankyou Doug, I tip my hat to you

Phill