Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I.d. Luftwaffe helmet please!

Article about: Thanks everybody for your help, I too have learned something.

Default I.d. Luftwaffe helmet please!

Hello,

A link to a website showing a large uniform collection was posted by Stonemint yesterday. Whilst interesting, there are clearly errors (and I suspect fakes) in the displays shown, but I am really intrigued by the helmet this Luftwaffe man is wearing. Can anyone tell me more about it - Ive never seen one before. If anyone has any better pictures of this type I would love to see them.

ASPHM - Pilote bombardier Luftwaffe bataille d'Angleterre

Many thanks,

Doug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I.d. Luftwaffe helmet please!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: I.d. Luftwaffe helmet please!

I looks like the helmet of Darth Vaders evil cousin Sorry. I could not resist mate I hope someone knows about this lid as i have never seen one either.

Regards, Lars

I've seen some before like this, not many but they are out there. It was to be worn over a flight helmet as you see there. The crewman would hammer to sides out of a normal M35 (I have only seen M35's modified like this, but possibly other models were used too) to allow for the earpieces, or simply get a larger than needed shell and wear that. The liners were often removed and replaced with a simple padded rig glued in the shell, and chinstraps were added by rivets in the side of the skirt, rather like an M16 helmet. There is a wonderful example on GHW I will try and find to add here.

Whether the one in the picture there is original I do not know, as it would obviously be reasonably easy to fake and difficult to detect, given the small scale depot level nature of the modifications.

Edit, I had saved the pics of the GHW lid, here they are. This rig belongs to Anders. Stunning IMO.

I.d. Luftwaffe helmet please!I.d. Luftwaffe helmet please!I.d. Luftwaffe helmet please!I.d. Luftwaffe helmet please!

Looks like something from Iron Sky!...

Ok, thanks very much for that explanation.

Hello, this is the Fliegerstahlhelm. there is two models I and II.
    One other to sell in Fance for 2500 €.

It seems to be hard to find.

See my edited post for the pics I mentioned.

Thanks for posting that Lebus, you really do learn something new every day as i didn't know they existed!...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast