Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

I would like some more opinions on this helmet.

Article about: Hello fellow collectors, I promised a friend of mine to post some pictures on this forum. Because he isn't sure if the helmet in the pictures below is completely authentic. Personally i am r

Default I would like some more opinions on this helmet.

Hello fellow collectors,

I promised a friend of mine to post some pictures on this forum. Because he isn't sure if the helmet in the pictures below is completely authentic.
    Personally i am rather sure that the liner has been out of the helmet at one time. And the chin strap feels like a more modern version.
    I tried to make as good photos as i was capable. So the question is do you think the helmet with its color is original and what do you think about the liner and the chinstrap.

I would like some more opinions on this helmet.I would like some more opinions on this helmet.
    I would like some more opinions on this helmet.I would like some more opinions on this helmet.
    I would like some more opinions on this helmet.

Kind regards,

Juncker93

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I would like some more opinions on this helmet.
    P
    Many

Hello Juncker93.

Doesn’t look like period paint as some of it is covering pitting on the shell and has no patina. Looks like someone was trying for a shipboard blue colour. The vents are missing paint and and the surface metal shiny and looks relatively recent. Same as the other areas on the helmet that are completely devoid of any paint at all. The wear on the liner doesn’t look convincing. I’ll leave the chinstrap to others. Overall the helmet is not something that I see as original unfortunately.

The helmet is not the Original color , it is stripped and repainted.
    The liner looks good but maybe dyed , the photos are not that great. Would need to see some detailed photo of the chinstrap buckle to make something of it.

I would guess that the helmet's components are original, but it has been disassembled, stripped and then repainted.
    Luis