Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

ID Question on a Helmet

Article about: Hi guys, This is my first post here, but I'm very interested in WWII history, study it in college, and am studying in Berlin this semester. I found this helmet at a flea market the other day

Kemdoph
    ?

Default ID Question on a Helmet

Hi guys,

This is my first post here, but I'm very interested in WWII history, study it in college, and am studying in Berlin this semester. I found this helmet at a flea market the other day and thought it looked interesting, it only cost 20 Euros which I thought seemed a lot less than items in the US, so I bought it.

I got interested in looking at helmet types, but there weren't a whole lot of details on helmets with the mesh-wire air vent this one seems to have, or about the mud skirt (is that the correct term?) that's attached to it. There was also mud and dirt on it which made me think it hadn't been made yesterday (or has been sitting in someone's garage for a while). I looked for some of the ID numbers, but because I didn't want to remove the mud skirt, all I could see was a number "1" inscribed into the back inside rim. The flap also has a number "9" printed on it, and the initials "C.E." written on it.

You guys are the experts, so my question is, is this a war relic? Is it a fake? Is there some other history that might be connected to it?

Thanks for your help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ID Question on a Helmet   ID Question on a Helmet  

ID Question on a Helmet   ID Question on a Helmet  

ID Question on a Helmet  

2. # ADS

Default Re: ID Question on a Helmet

Post war fiber fire helmet. The price was fine, it just isn't WWII vintage.