Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ID'd M40 Luft Camo ET 64

Article about: Another Camo that I have stumbled accross. This helmet was purchased off Militarycollectiblesinc over 10 years ago. It is now up for sale again. Initially there was a thread posted about it

Default ID'd M40 Luft Camo ET 64

Another Camo that I have stumbled accross. This helmet was purchased off Militarycollectiblesinc over 10 years ago. It is now up for sale again. Initially there was a thread posted about it in 2006. Just wanted to bring attention to it again and get some confirmation or opinions please and thankyou.

It's a Luft SD that has heavy, brush applied greens, over the Luft blue and over the SD with no attempt to leave it showing. Traces of the decal are visible thru the paint. The inside rear has two IDs. The first clearly painted on with a brush..... The second, over the top of the first in orange, looks like it was drizzled on with a stick. The second (Herr stick drizzler) is IDd to Ogefr (Corporal) W. Walz L63250.The FP#, IDs this unit as Fallschrim-Artillerie-Regiment 5 which was formed in Reims in March '44 to face the allied invasion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ID'd M40 Luft Camo ET 64   ID'd M40 Luft Camo ET 64  

ID'd M40 Luft Camo ET 64   ID'd M40 Luft Camo ET 64  

ID'd M40 Luft Camo ET 64  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID'd M40 Luft Camo ET 64
    P
    Many

This is a great looking camo. The wear does not look artificial. Brush painted camos are tough to authenticate due to a variety of many implements used during the period to apply the paint. Everything from brushes of different sizes and construction to rags, leaves...etc.etc. Also brush applied camos seem to use a wider assortment of "non standard" colors rather than the basic ordnance paint usually seen on sprayed camos. Odd there is NO camo paint on the pins. Would like to see in person...

Though most of the camos on said Website were of a dubious nature, or outright fakes especially 10-12 years ago... this one stands a chance

EDIT...looks to be some camo on the front pin, eagle side after zooming in
    Last edited by real steel; 02-09-2018 at 06:42 PM. Reason: split pin paint

Hi, well I think this one is a good one personally. Like David, I agree that the wear does appear natural, but what I also like is that the cammo paint looks to have had different application techniques when zoomed in on. The cammo in areas looks brushed on, yet on other parts you can see the imprint of hessian/rag use. I also like the orange naming but that's because my 2 tone Luft cammo has the same shade ( pictured below )!! I give it a very strong 8 out of 10 for being correct from what I can see although I will add the caveat that as ever, good high resolution and magnified images of the paint work will help enormously. Leon.ID'd M40 Luft Camo ET 64ID'd M40 Luft Camo ET 64ID'd M40 Luft Camo ET 64ID'd M40 Luft Camo ET 64

Leon...your camo is "SWEET" !! Forgot you had this. Greedy me wants it !!

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Leon...your camo is "SWEET" !! Forgot you had this. Greedy me wants it !!
    Leon will tell you that I am first on the list!!!!!!

As far as the OP's helmet...I'm busy and only have a cell so can't give an opinion other than I love the pattern. If original...I'd want it on my shelf (along with Leon's)

P.s. orange is tied for my favorite color
    Last edited by MAP; 02-09-2018 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Rife with auto correct errors
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The wear does seem very natural. The wear around the edges is the same as on Leon's beauty. Although, the writing on the inside skirt seems freakishly large to me.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Lein will tell you that I am first on the list!!!!!!

As far as the OP's helmet...I'm busy and only have a cell so can't give an opinion other than I love the pattern. If original...I'd want it on my self (along it Leon's)

P.s. orange is tied for my favorite color
    IMO your recent purchase is a nicer camo - although they're all pretty sweet
    Nick

MAP
    ?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Nick
    Equal. Yet different.

Leon's paint is a bit more vibrant and has that wonderful name in orange
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am not fond of what I'd call the antiqued green in that original camo posted.

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Nick
    Ahh, the eternal debate about the best looking cammo! LoL!! I have to admit that I love Michaels example as well, a great lid, I also like the original OP's lid for completely different "quirky" reasons, but given a choice I would have the lot! Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast