Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ideas for helmet stands.

Article about: I spend about \\$8 on cheap, Chinese made kitchen towel dispenser rolls. For me they do the job and look the business.

?

Default Ideas for helmet stands.

I thought it might be interesting to start a thread on ideas for helmet stands. I've used modified wooden yarn bobbins, lamp stands with a dust mask for a cushion, and a brass shell casing. Any other ideas and photos of stands that compliment particular helmets would be welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ideas for helmet stands.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ideas for helmet stands.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ideas for helmet stands.

Here are 3 of mine. One, the shorter WW1 stand, is the first one I've tried to make. The other two are works in progress. I kind of have the thought to make the profile of the large stand like the Wehrmacht eagle. Too many irons in the fire right now to work on it, but when I get it done I'll post it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ideas for helmet stands.   Ideas for helmet stands.  

Ideas for helmet stands.   Ideas for helmet stands.  

Ideas for helmet stands.  

I use paper towel dispensers that I've found while browzing second hand stores.
    They are older types made of wood, and cost only a couple of dollars apiece.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ideas for helmet stands.  
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 11-07-2012 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Added pic.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I havent got any photos but this is an idea i was toying with and built crudely, but it works so well i couldnt believe it, it will display any type of helmet, ill give a brief description, take a piece of round long wood , similar to a towel holder, about 2" in diameter, screw one end down to a heavy wooden square base, decide how high you want the helmet to display and cut the wooden stem 3" shorter, take three wooden dowlings and drill three holes diagonally into the stem so the dowlings face upwards like an inverted tripod, make sure that the holes are 2" down the stem, cut the dowlings to a length of 4" and tip them with a piece of rubber, the dowlings fit through the liner spaces and rest in the dome of the helmet, the 2" stem fits through the hole of the central liner and lets the liner rest gently with out any stress and stops it from collapsing downwards, it might sound complicated but once youve made it youll see how easy it is

Check the skull one out.

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    Check the skull one out.
    I like the skull !

I'll have to get one to use as a helmet stand as well.
    Gives a nice eerie feeling to the display...........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I like the skull !

I'll have to get one to use as a helmet stand as well.
    Gives a nice eerie feeling to the display...........!
    A guy in Texas sells them. I can post or PM the site. $45 I think. Quality!

I like the skull aswell but it be a hard sale to my wife as I get by with alot already. One day ill have a war room.

Eric

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    I like the skull aswell but it be a hard sale to my wife as I get by with alot already. One day ill have a war room.

Eric
    I hope you get that room soon, as you have a lot of fine items! My gf hates my relics, but she still buys me some

One day soon I will jay one way or another.

Eric

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast