Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Identifying German (?) Helmet

Article about: Wow thanks everyone for the quick replies! I've had a look at the Bundesgrenzschutz helmets and they do look very similar, but can't find any with the vent holes to the sides. I will post ex

Default Re: Identifying German (?) Helmet

Wow thanks everyone for the quick replies! I've had a look at the Bundesgrenzschutz helmets and they do look very similar, but can't find any with the vent holes to the sides. I will post extra pictures but I guess they are redundant now as you have all been so useful and quick! I wasn't expecting an answer straight away so thanks it's great. What a shame though, I'm guessing as a value it really doesn't have much being post-war?

Here are some slightly better pictures anyway, apologies working with poor light and a camera phone ... oh and apologies if a random picture of my grandad appears, I can't seem to figure out how to delete it as I uploaded by accident?!

Identifying German (?) HelmetIdentifying German (?) HelmetIdentifying German (?) HelmetIdentifying German (?) HelmetIdentifying German (?) Helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying German (?) Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying German (?) Helmet
    P
    Many

Yup, a 1950's / 60's West German pot. They made them with and without vents, depending on the point in time. The pic of your Grandad made me laugh, I was not expecting to see that

I think your grandad is postwar too and hence not very collectable, sorry.

linnemann & schnetzer is the makers mark that is stamped in the rear of the helmet. 50s west german helmet. and i think some of these helmets that were made with the vents were made to export for the finnish army.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2