Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IDIOTIC story from Croatia

Article about: Some of you might remember this helmet. It was my first; M35 reissue in size 66/58. So the story is: Ive sold it to a friend to fund a metal detector. He had no problems with it, but he sold

Default IDIOTIC story from Croatia

Some of you might remember this helmet. It was my first; M35 reissue in size 66/58.

So the story is:

Ive sold it to a friend to fund a metal detector. He had no problems with it, but he sold it to another guy.

That guy showed it to an "expert" in Zagreb who said that its bad.

That the paint is original, decal original, liner and pins original but he said that the main problem is that that is not
    an configuration for an M35 (its an reissue for fu... sake) and that the "numbers" cant be seen (obviously they are
    under the paint).

So he brought it to another "expert" which REMOVED THE PAINT INSIDE WITH SAND PAPER TO SEE THE NUMBERS. WTF??? He said no numbers, its a fake shell.

And the man told that there must be numbers inside, so he will stamp them

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement IDIOTIC story from Croatia
    P
    Many

?

I have no words.......

That guy must be a complete-
    Attached Images Attached Images IDIOTIC story from Croatia 

there's Always a steady supply of idiots around... not of German helmets as that one though.

I can't believe it. Sounds like a bad joke (from the way to handle antique things like in the 70ies) but it isn't, is it?
    Horrofied
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

This is why i dont sell anything here, always rather to someone "outside". Mindset of the "collectors" here is... well you see.

or someone really wanting the helmet..and creating a story that its bad...but will buy it anyway for less.

Excerpt : ...."Ya see maam..that ole German Helmet really aint worth much of a down payment..cause the helmet got issues. It aint got certain secret numbers in thar..which I cant tell ya cause its a secret...but...I still take it off yer hands for $150..and sell you this car here....jus came in this mornin,,,which coincidentally came from my grandmother. Low Mileage.

Yea love these stories..they get better and better

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

And to DVT... you cant stereotype all collectors being the same. There will always be a certain percentage on ANY forum...one just needs to know the difference..on those who know and those who dont. We got guys here as you see with very high post counts and alot of green colored bars..but know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. and its very obvious. then there are members with 1 green bar and 250 post counts over the last 5 years..and some of them are the most trusted in their thoughts and knowledge...with less than 1% being incorrect at some point.

Mainly it depends upon the individual..and not the Scammers and Sheisters that make up these stories. Sorry to hear about your helmet loss..and my apologies if I misunderstood this thread. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

To the "expert"...

?

Svašta pička rodi, voz povuče i armija obuče.....is the way to say in EX Yugoslav...

Quote by lokvar View Post
    Svašta pička rodi, voz povuče i armija obuče.....is the way to say in EX Yugoslav...
    Havent heard that one hahahahaha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast