Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I'm new and confused

Article about: Franz1944 ... Thanks and I also like the late war stocks. Some look like they just got cut off an old tree and you could get slivers for the first ### rounds. My father told me about the end

Default Re: I'm new and confused

M42 with heer decal maybe camo not sure with the pictures.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I'm new and confused
    P
    Many

Good, bad or the ugly?

See the reason I'm suddenly between collector and seller is I've had the stuff for years. One guy see's a thing or two and shows back up asking if I'll give him the lid + a very nice HJ knife + my bayonet for $400.00.
    I start to think and maybe would rather toss it in the garbage than haand it over to a rip off ... kidding about the 'garbage'.

Quote by Rudolf Karl View Post
    Good, bad or the ugly?

See the reason I'm suddenly between collector and seller is I've had the stuff for years. One guy see's a thing or two and shows back up asking if I'll give him the lid + a very nice HJ knife + my bayonet for $400.00.
    I start to think and maybe would rather toss it in the garbage than haand it over to a rip off ... kidding about the 'garbage'.
    I would take that deal.Hahaha

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I would take that deal.Hahaha
    Well aren't you the sport.

I am just kidding around so take no offense.

That is very nice, I really like these ones with such age and character to them.
    Regards,
    Finn

?

Very nice looking lid with some "been there " look to it, $400 that would be just for the helmet or possibly more

I think, well am sure I put my flag/banner pix in the wrong place so I hope the copy/paste works.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/insig...47/#post218943

I really could use some feed back on all these items when someone gets a chance.
    I did take a few pix of a RAD pole topper I have. It has a cover but it is badly rotted so I won't mess with it. It does have writing inside.

?

Welcome Rudolf. Can you post closer photos of the helmet please, especially the decal and the paint. Turn your camera setting to the flower (macro) and get as close as you can without a blurry image and if you can no flash glare (natural light, flash off). Also on the interior of the helmet in the rear of the skirt there should be a series of numbers and possibly letters, same with the right interior part of the skirt. This would be your maker, size and lot number. While your at it get us some closeup pics of the naming personalizations as well please.

In this manner a proper opinion / evaluation of your helmet can take place.

Cheers

Doug

Quote by DougB View Post
    Welcome Rudolf. Can you post closer photos of the helmet please, especially the decal and the paint. Turn your camera setting to the flower (macro) and get as close as you can without a blurry image and if you can no flash glare (natural light, flash off). Also on the interior of the helmet in the rear of the skirt there should be a series of numbers and possibly letters, same with the right interior part of the skirt. This would be your maker, size and lot number. While your at it get us some closeup pics of the naming personalizations as well please.

In this manner a proper opinion / evaluation of your helmet can take place.

Cheers

Doug
    Doug, thank you for the picture taking advice as well as the interest.
    As I said todays were a fast sample so people would not think I'm just hot air.
    Batteries are charging.

You have what looks like a nice complete original army M42. This is a late war model. What is the factory code and lot number? Just in case you don't know what I'm talking about, on the inside on the helmet there will be a factory code/size stamp in the metal. This one looks like it could say something along the lines of HKP64, CKL66, or ET66, etc. There will also be a lot number. This is just a serial number and will most likely have no letter prefix.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast