MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Info on my luftwaffe helmet.

Article about: Hello. I have got this German Luftwaffe helmet, i think it is a M1942, but i not sure, here is some pictures of it, and it has some marks on it, i will explane in the pictures, and maybe if

Default Info on my luftwaffe helmet.

Hello.

I have got this German Luftwaffe helmet, i think it is a M1942, but i not sure, here is some pictures of it, and it has some marks on it, i will explane in the pictures, and maybe if someone could tell me what that kind of helmet, in that condition, is worth?

Mick
    Attached Images Attached Images Info on my luftwaffe helmet.  Info on my luftwaffe helmet.  Info on my luftwaffe helmet.  Info on my luftwaffe helmet.  Info on my luftwaffe helmet.  Info on my luftwaffe helmet.  Info on my luftwaffe helmet.  Info on my luftwaffe helmet.  Info on my luftwaffe helmet.  Info on my luftwaffe helmet. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Info on my luftwaffe helmet.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Info on my luftwaffe helmet.

Hi
    Well first of all you are right, it is an M42 helmet, it seems to have been crudely hand painted, which in itself is not bad, but coupled with the fact that it has scratches on the opposite side to the eagle, like a decal has been removed would cause me some concern. I have no idea what the letters LFR mean. Chinstrap looks to be a period one, as to does the liner, numbers on the back are lot numbers, and usually on an M42 the maker is there, not always as before 43 the makers mark was on the side Strange helmet, that could be ok, eagle looks and only looks to be ok too, any history with it? it is an interesting piece. value? well for a start..whatever you're prepared to pay

?

Hi JMB
    The helmet an original German M42 helmet but a postwar reissued helmet used here in Denmark.

The LFR III means Lolland Falster Regiment 3 and was an early postwar national defense regiment

But this is just what I have been told and I have no solid evidence besides it origin out of Denmark

I hope this is has been a help

Regards
    Lars

Quote by Lars View Post
    The LFR III means Lolland Falster Regiment 3 and was an early postwar national defense regiment
    Lars
    Thanks for the information, you live and learn something new every day, nice one Thanks
    John

?

Quote by JMB View Post
    Lars
    Thanks for the information, you live and learn something new every day, nice one Thanks
    John
    Hi John
    Regarding the price I would guess the value would be around 300$ it has a nice liner and chinstrap

Cheers
    Lars

Hi Lars
    Bit of confusion i think, its not mine, i was only commenting on the question that was asked, I think you're spot on with the price

All the best

?

Quote by JMB View Post
    Hi Lars
    Bit of confusion i think, its not mine, i was only commenting on the question that was asked, I think you're spot on with the price

All the best

Hi John
    Yes you are right It´s late here

Cheers
    Lars

Hey guys, thanks for your answer and Lars thank you so very mutch!

Hi Mick, welcome to the forum! Glad you have found the answers you were looking for.

Don't forget to use our free forum software for uploading photos in future. No need to host them elsewhere. I have copied them directly into your post See "FAQ" for instructions how to attach pics, it is easy.

Cheers, Ade.