Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Interested in purchasing a Luftschutz m40...good deal?

Article about: Hello, here is Julekpl with another question. I am an amateur ww1-ww2 collector, and I was interested in adding this helmet to my pathetic collection to spice it up a bit. I know liner is a

Default Interested in purchasing a Luftschutz m40...good deal?

Hello, here is Julekpl with another question. I am an amateur ww1-ww2 collector, and I was interested in adding this helmet to my pathetic collection to spice it up a bit. I know liner is a big thing in many original helmets, but I was thinking about just buying reproduction liner. Any thoughts? here's the link: Stewarts Military Antiques - militaria, collectables, photography and books

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interested in purchasing a Luftschutz m40...good deal?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Interested in purchasing a Luftschutz m40...good deal?

Well , strictly speaking its not a combat helmet as such, its a beaded luftschutz M40, these beaded helmets were classed as inferior and not to be used for front line troops, therefore adopted for non combat troops, ie lufschutz etc. the price is about right, but if you intend to get a liner its senseless using a repro, try to get an original sized and dated one, it will enhance the look of the helmet much better and will increase the overall value

150$ is kind of high ,I would look around you can still find them with the original liner for 200$

Chris

?

Thats true Chris, in fact there are two gladiator style helmets on the same site with decals and liners , chinstraps etc going for $235, but i think it might be the fact that its an m40 style, although its a beaded variation

The Stewarts have always been honest with me. Give them a call if you have any questions.