Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Interesting info on 'chinstrap over visor' debate.

Article about: I have found this website, which seems to have a translated copy of a Luftwaffe directive # 422. It describes the new M35 helmet (Stahlhelm 35) and details of regulations surrounding it. The

Default Re: Interesting info on 'chinstrap over visor' debate.

Hmm, I don't know why it didn't work. Maybe this will, it's linked from elsewhere on this forum.

Don't worry buddy, only one winter left....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Interesting info on 'chinstrap over visor' debate.

I was always under the impression that the wearing of straps over the brim was just a soldier thing, something that another, more experienced soldier would advise a newer recruit as would happen now regarding the wearing of certain equipment, also the fact that concussion from an explosion might play a part, i also believed that this was an advisory re the wearing of GI M1s. I know that my Dad told me that it was also taught that to deal with sentries you grabbed the brim of the helmet and pulled back, he said that a lot of coastal troops got wise to this and didnt wear the strap under the chin when on sentry duty , whether thats correct or not i cant say , but it does stand to reason

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12