Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

An interesting M42 Arrived today

Article about: Well I managed to get another helmet in today looks like it might be a decent one. Its a hkp62 lotnbr 4388 (love my hkp lids). The colour seems to be more of an olive/mustard green thats bee

Default An interesting M42 Arrived today

Well I managed to get another helmet in today looks like it might be a decent one. Its a hkp62 lotnbr 4388 (love my hkp lids). The colour seems to be more of an olive/mustard green thats been overpainted on the original deep green. Was a ND to start with by the looks of it and shows nice genuine wear. On the inside there is a nice spliced liner and original draw string. Liner and band has been in there for ages with the dust buildup and the pins are tight, with washers and no double bends. I did manage to see the liner band is dated 1944. No chinstrap though

Pretty happy with the lid, like the colour and feel of it.

Cheers
    Jason
    An interesting M42 Arrived todayAn interesting M42 Arrived todayAn interesting M42 Arrived todayAn interesting M42 Arrived todayAn interesting M42 Arrived todayAn interesting M42 Arrived todayAn interesting M42 Arrived todayAn interesting M42 Arrived todayAn interesting M42 Arrived todayAn interesting M42 Arrived todayAn interesting M42 Arrived todayAn interesting M42 Arrived todayAn interesting M42 Arrived todayAn interesting M42 Arrived todayAn interesting M42 Arrived todayAn interesting M42 Arrived today

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An interesting M42 Arrived today
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: An interesting M42 Arrived today

Nice lid mate!! Gotta find a complete M42 next year! It's the only model I haven't got complete!

Great pickup Jason ...... love the colour!!

Nice mate, unusual colour but I like it Looks like it was only used a little and then stored away for years.

nice combat m42 there mate

jason is there a massive differance between ww2 german mfgs?as far as production goes,i mean surely an original lid is an original lid regardless of manufacture,or is there a massive differance to boot?P.S nice looking 42,regards dave.

Pretty fair and honest looking lid. Congrats!

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated I got a nice coco canteen that came in today to sit with this one on the shelf as well as a late war heer canvas belt and buckle on the way.

Dave there is a noticeable difference in manufactures. SE/hkp to me make the nicest lids to me. The airvents are the dead give away as they look like M35 air vents on all models. Compare this to other makers and you will see the difference. You will also find slight shape differences as well as paint thickness and how it holds colour over time.

Cheers
    Jason

Jase, that looks really nice mate, I can't wait to see it in the flesh! It will look really good displayed with your binos and other tropical gear, you really do pick up some fantastic hear cobber!

Thanks Dave, I do really like this lid, looks good with the gear as well. Was playing with the order on the shelf last night but can't get it perfect yet, maybe I need something else .....

Jason

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast