Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Interesting Normandy Camo lid ....unusual and backwards swastika paint applied.....G.I. or kid in the 50's , lol

Article about: beware of the hun in the sun,the hun in the rear view mirror is closer than you think.[meatloaf].

?

Default Interesting Normandy Camo lid ....unusual and backwards swastika paint applied.....G.I. or kid in the 50's , lol

Here is a very interesting M40 lid. I did not photo the liner, etc. because i know the lid is real, it is the paint job that i am suspect of.....opinions?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting Normandy Camo lid ....unusual and backwards swastika paint applied.....G.I. or kid in the 50's , lol   Interesting Normandy Camo lid ....unusual and backwards swastika paint applied.....G.I. or kid in the 50's , lol  

Interesting Normandy Camo lid ....unusual and backwards swastika paint applied.....G.I. or kid in the 50's , lol  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting Normandy Camo lid ....unusual and backwards swastika paint applied.....G.I. or kid in the 50's , lol
    P
    Many

Default re: Interesting Normandy Camo lid ....unusual and backwards swastika paint applied.....G.I. or kid in the 50's , lol

You have good reason to be suspect, this one is not even close

Default re: Interesting Normandy Camo lid ....unusual and backwards swastika paint applied.....G.I. or kid in the 50's , lol

why is the shell shiny? oil lacquer?
    chris

oi vey ........... what a shame!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Default Re: Interesting Normandy Camo lid ....unusual and backwards swastika paint applied.....G.I. or kid in the 50's , lol

Swastika is correct way around if viewed in a rear view mirror.... :-)

Tom

Default Re: Interesting Normandy Camo lid ....unusual and backwards swastika paint applied.....G.I. or kid in the 50's , lol

I would really like to see more close-up on this one.
    Yes the swastika looks garbage to me,but there is things I like about the camo but better pictures before I say bad or good.
    chris

?

I don't own the helmet....I went and looked at it at a guys house about 2 hrs away from me. All I knew was that he said he had a Normandy camo Kriegsmarine helmet. .. it is a Heer M40. I like the camo and believe it. ...I just don't like the sloppy backwards insignia. ...... seller wants WAY to much with no provenance. .. these are the only pics I took. ... like I said the helmet itself is 100% real. ... the paint is the question.

?

I'm not sure any soldier in his right mind would paint a giant bullseye on his head.

Martin

It is trying to pass off as a veteran souvenir helmet. Fakers have been making these for some time. I'll tell you why I think this one is bad, it has no wear at all, the decal is above the camo paint, and the crazing on the decal, and on the camo below the area of the vet art, is the same. Two different surfaces with the same crazing makes me think it is artificially done. Also you should have taken photos of the interior. I always like to see the paint on the skirt. Sometimes you can authenticate a camo just by looking at the factory paint on the inside, if the factory paint is bad on the inside the camo paint is bad on the outside.

Corey

?

Cory, you are 100% correct, i should have photographed the interior, i just got caught up in the exterior. The seller claims to have gotten from an estate or etc some 40 yrs ago..... He is retired and not a Third Reich collector, just sort of a collector of antiques in general so his knowledge is very limited and he has been digging out his finds, researching online with dealer sites to get his info.........the decal is under the paint.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast