Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Introduction

Article about: I have been extremely rude whilst tied up in how to do things on this forum. I have made some posts while trying to work out the mechanics of it without so much as an intro. I would like to

Default Introduction

I have been extremely rude whilst tied up in how to do things on this forum.

I have made some posts while trying to work out the mechanics of it without so much as an intro.

I would like to say hello to all and what an excellent tool this is. If only it was around when I was a kid.

I am recently retired from HM forces after 23 years, I have settled in the country I have spent most time (Germany). Iraq was next on the list but too hot!

My interest is all things WW2 German and military. Despite dabling for 30+ years I am no expert but also no novice, I wish I had spent more time at my hobby unfortunately there is never enough. I intend to change that now as I have a small job in the NAAFI and a regular routine, with spare time.

Returning to the value of this forum, for new and younger collectors this forum is a must! we all work hard for our cash and after the Government has had its cut it is tragic to line the pockets of the Fakers out there who will have a go at almost anything.

To finish I apologize for my spelling and lack of eticate if thats how you spell it.

All the best Jock

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Introduction
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Introduction

well hello jock & welcome to the forum hope to see more of ya around

regards nick

?

Hi Jock and welcome ,
    cheers Al

Hi Jock, welcome!

Have a look at this thread of mine about a map of the Bergen-Belsen training area which might interest you as you are living local.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/germa...az-bergen.html

Cheers, Ade.

I only wish I was Phil the slop jockies get payed arround 1000 euro more. They have made a critical error though, As well as stores they put an ex soldier in charge of beers, wines, spirits and tobbaco. I could still die young!

Ade,

I will look now if I can work out where and how. I have spent a lot of my life on said ranges and of course Munster as a Gunner. I have a few original maps of the period and there is a small museum on camp with some interesting stuff. I will ask Colin the curator if I can upload some pictures as there is always stuff coming in from previous tenants of the camp up to the present day. Kev Greenhalgh runs a similar museum for Fallingbostle, he is well known certanly this side of the water and his is on line.

?

Quote by jock auld View Post
    I only wish I was Phil the slop jockies get payed arround 1000 euro more. They have made a critical error though, As well as stores they put an ex soldier in charge of beers, wines, spirits and tobbaco. I could still die young!
    an ex soldier and a scotsman in charge of beers , wines and spirits !!!! What were they thinking !!

ALLERBERGER,

I don't know, I'm just glad they did, anyway they can't sack me now I'm past probationary........

I think they think I can identify with the customer and help my ex buddies into a drunken stuppor, they wouldn't need me for that though!

Hi Jock,

Welcome! These forums just keep growing and growing.

Tyrone

Nice motor Tyrone!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast