Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Just Starting out! Reputable source for Helmets and other Collectibles??

Article about: Hello everyone, Im the noob here but Im just wondering of any online sources to find a good real helmet and other items of interest. Websites? Or is it just better to buy everything in perso

Default Just Starting out! Reputable source for Helmets and other Collectibles??

Hello everyone, Im the noob here but Im just wondering of any online sources to find a good real helmet and other items of interest. Websites? Or is it just better to buy everything in person? I'm just starting to collect more and I recently acquired some badges and random items from a co worker. He gave me a good deal and didnt care much for the items. Also found some at an equipment and tractor show near me that has flea market. Great buncha older collectors there. Any way thanks for the help and input! very much appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just Starting out! Reputable source for Helmets and other Collectibles??
    P
    Many

Lander - take some time looking at this forum before you commit to buying anything - it will probably save you a ton of cash. You want to make sure what you get is authentic. What type of helmet are you interested in? It's good to zero in on something so you can do some research and then post it on here to get further opinions. All part of the fun of collecting too.
    Nick

Hi, welcome to he forum, try the ads section here, best place for a decent lid. cheers Tony

Yes I plan on looking for a Luftwaffe M40 or similar. I plan to make complete collections of correct loadouts and uniforms. Along with badges and ribbons, guns, etc.... US, German, Russian, and English being the 4 major areas of interest. Thanks all!

The most reputable dealers will always be the most expensive ones. Militaria is only getting more expensive as time goes by, and that is especially true of German militaria. I can recommend Espenlaub Militaria, Lakeside Trader and the Ruptured Duck off the top of my head. The former is based in Estonia, and the latter two in Canada and the United States. They charge a little bit above market value, but you know you're getting what you pay for.

One caveat. Even the most reputable and trustworthy dealers occasionally let a bad piece or two slip through the net, especially in the case of less common or more expensive items, of which the fakes are many and well-made. Posting an item here before purchase is imperative, especially if you are just starting out.

You can only learn with experience. And even the most experienced collectors will get burned once or twice. Play smart, play safe, and you'll have a great collection in no time at all.

Regards, B.B.

Select what you want carefully , pay more for better. If better is not available sit it out.
    Patience is important , learn to get a feel for it. Luftwaffe helmets are not 'rare' so get a nice one.

Also lower than average prices or good deals do not exist , the sooner you learn that the less you will be ripped off.

Frauds and scams – German Helmet Vault

Hi Lander,

Welcome to this great hobby! You will soon find it becomes addictive as one helmet is never enough! I've personally dealt with the Ruptured Duck on a few occasions and the service is excellent with a 100% money back guarantee being offered. German Helmets Inc is also another dealer that I would highly recommend.

The most important advice I would give you is to post everything here before you purchase so that the experienced members on this forum can guide you as to the provenance of the helmet.

Best Wishes,
    Andrew