Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?

Article about: by cgp1066 I respect everybody's views on this, especially yours Frank, you raise some very good points, but I still have doubts that this is a classic reissue. Regards, Corey Sometimes a di

Default Re: Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?

If I have to guess the pics were sent from the dealer to a potential buyer who then posted it on GHW for authentification.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?
    P
    Many

Hi Guys, going back to the subject of Zimmerit anti magnetic mine paste.

Here are my two small examples of some obtained by myself. These both measure about 25mm long.

Observe the texture and the original colour. I also show the reverse side, which is obviously flat. As you can see, 99% of some so called Zimmerit camo lids are just sand painted in my opinion.

I hope this is useful.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?   Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Only YOU could have bits of zimmerit in your collection Ade!!!!!
    ( probably have Remagen bridge sleepers as garden edging too! )

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

I don't believe Zimmerit coated helmets exist, Ade clearly shows why with his examples. The thickness and weight alone are severely impractical for a combat soldier. I believe Zimmerit coated helmet terminology is mistaken and abused by wanting collectors and dealers who embellish items to increase sales.

Hi Doug, I did forget to add the measurement of the thickness of these, 4mm at the widest point.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

Here are my two small examples of some obtained by myself. These both measure about 25mm long.

Observe the texture and the original colour. I also show the reverse side, which is obviously flat. As you can see, 99% of some so called Zimmerit camo lids are just sand painted in my opinion.

I hope this is useful.

Cheers, Ade.
    Very useful Ade , thanks for posting these examples.

My pleasure.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks for the measurement Ade. Sand or sawdust infused paint serves the purpose of cutting down glare on a helmet adds negligible weight where Zimmerit was a special heavy anti magnetic paste. A soldier would not have to worry about an enemy trying to plop an anti-tank mine on his head. The mere thought of zimmerit coated helmets is completely impractical and I can't see a factory doing this to helmets when tanks were the application. How would the helmets even get to the factory?

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

I hope this is useful.

Cheers, Ade.
    It sure is useful Ade.
    I'd even go as far as to say, it's a rock solid argument against the zimmerit on helmets myth

Brad.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10