Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?

Article about: by cgp1066 I respect everybody's views on this, especially yours Frank, you raise some very good points, but I still have doubts that this is a classic reissue. Regards, Corey Sometimes a di

?

Default Re: Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    A Heer Decal and not Zimmerit in my opinion.
    Agreed.

Brad.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?
    P
    Many

Yeah, looks like a Heer decal. KM decals are deeper in yellow color. Its common for the Heer decals to turn a little yellow over the years from the lacquer that was put over it after it was applied. Nice reissued helmet though.

I have a toned Heer decal and at first I thought maybe it was KM because there was a gold glittery look to certain parts of it, but after further research and comparison I am convinced its not even close to a true KM.

A lot of KM's comming on and most are heers. We should make a thread for km decals in compared to heers

?

Thanks for the info guys...

I agree with what others have said, except that I will add that I think this is a spectacular helmet. The texture is extremely desirable.

UPDATE: I agree this is a Heer decal, but disagree that it is not a Zimmerit (which In my opinion it is)

Regards,
    Corey
    Last edited by Sir Payne; 10-29-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Dont sell it for $800! If the helmet has a liner and chinstrap in good condition then value would be a little over $2000 in my opinion.

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    Dont sell it for $800! If the helmet has a liner and chinstrap in good condition then value would be a little over $2000 in my opinion.
    Really , I don't agree with that assessment. I think max 1200$ but the market is slow these days , if the paint is brittle it could loose its value quickly.
    Reissues come in all shapes they are as a rule not rare and it's an SD.

This helmet is more than a plain ole reissue. The paint is thick and with very heavy texture. It would be classified as a "camo" by most dealers. Also the fact that an original decal is placed over a "camo" textured surface is very rare to find. With these factors at play, I don't think $2000 is unreasonable. For $1200 I would buy this helmet in a heartbeat (if I had the money) because that would be a fantastic deal in my opinion.

Corey

I couldn't disagree more with Corey. The over-paint is far from being "camo" anything. The thickness of the paint is commonly seen on 'reissues' and the paint looks very brittle. $800-$1000 ($1200 on a real good day) is a more of a fair appraisal. The exposed apple green paint is what I find attractive about this helmet. It's an excellent example of a post 1940 spec field reissue and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a tri-color decal on the other side under all that. Good luck with it.
    Last edited by mclenrd; 10-29-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast