Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?

Article about: by cgp1066 I respect everybody's views on this, especially yours Frank, you raise some very good points, but I still have doubts that this is a classic reissue. Regards, Corey Sometimes a di

Default Re: Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?

I stand corrected on the zimmerit paint. The GHW thread is very enlightening.

But still, I don't think this helmet is a common reissue as so many others have said. It is clearly a field painted camo; therefore, it would be priced by a dealer as such.

Corey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?
    P
    Many

?

I could'nt access the GHW site as theres something wrong with either their server or mine, can someone tell me what it said briefly
    cheers Dave

Quote by davejb View Post
    I could'nt access the GHW site as theres something wrong with either their server or mine, can someone tell me what it said briefly
    cheers Dave
    Your earlier post was basically a summary of the thread on GHW

?

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    Your earlier post was basically a summary of the thread on GHW
    Spot on

Brad.

Quote by Lidman View Post
    Spot on

Brad.
    Finally somebody agrees with me on this thread lol

Enthralling topic and conversation on this thread, another subject I knew almost nothing about. Have learned much already. Thanks guys, Jeff B.

?

Oh right , thanks guys, just as a matter of interest i found another declassified investigation conducted by British boffins post war 1945, apparentley they contacted the various german companies that used and provided Zimmerit, they found that the compound was regarded as a putty, paste, plaster, and even a plastic type substance, it came in drums and was applied by trowels, firstly a thick coating then a thinner one, more or less like plastering a wall with a skim coat, according to the report once applied it had to be heated with a blow torch, the reason for this was twofold, 1/ to dry the paste in a quicker time, 2/ to burn off a highly volatile solvent that was present in the paste, it was described as a smell like acetone, if a blow torch was'nt used it could take 8 days for it to dry naturally, also it was only used during the periods of December 1943 to September 1944 and was a dark yellow colour

I stand corrected on the zimmerit paint... ...It is clearly a field painted camo; therefore, it would be priced by a dealer as such.
    I'm glad you stand corrected with the zimmerit, now we gotta work on whats camo and what isn't On a serious note, I apologize for talking down to you.

?

Quote by Lidman View Post
    Here is a link to a thread from GHW started by Gulli in regards to Zimmerit being applied to helmets.
    It's is worth a look at least

http://www.walhalla.se/topic/2751-zi...mmerit__st__40

Brad.
    Thanks for the link Brad.

?

Must admit I dont buy it being Zimmerit neither. Good info about the way Z was applied.
    Zimmerit or not though - its a nice looking lid.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast