Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?

Article about: by cgp1066 I respect everybody's views on this, especially yours Frank, you raise some very good points, but I still have doubts that this is a classic reissue. Regards, Corey Sometimes a di

Default Re: Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    I respect everybody's views on this, especially yours Frank, you raise some very good points, but I still have doubts that this is a classic reissue. Regards,
    Corey
    Sometimes a discussion like this is fun and some things need to be re-discussed from time to time Corey so no problem at all ;-)
    It's hard to use 'classic' together with reissue as I have seldom seen similar reissues. (or overpaints)

Case in point is this M35 single color overpaint , I don't call this a camo yet the decal has been painted around and I bought it from a dealer for a price much below than what you value the helmet in this topic.
    This configuration is very unique as I have only seen it a couple of times over the years. But it is a single decal straightleg. Nothing more nothing less.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?
    P
    Many

Quote by davejb View Post
    According to the definition of camouflage it is a set of methods designed to make animals, objects etc, BLEND in with their surroundings or make the item RESEMBLE something else, if a helmet is painted a desert yellow and sand added when your in the desert, that is blending in with the environment, a helmet painted in say a three colour scheme is designed to break up the general outline of the helmet and resemble something else, either foilage or the surroundings, if a helmet is painted a dark grey and sand added and a decal left in place, what environment is it blending in with, i think the only reason for this type of application is solely to reduce glare and thats why helmets were later issued with a textured finish. If you think about it the word camouflage is all too often used out of context
    ( Maybe it was designed to blend in with a pile of other single decal,rough textured HEER helmets in an underground nazi resistance movement at the end of the war!! )

Interesting discussion guys. I must agree with the points raised by Frank.

I actually have two small peices of Zimmerit from a Panther tank in my collection. These were salvaged from a tank prior to sand blasting for restoration. The texture is different to what many epeople tout as Zimmerit camo helmets. I don't have any pics on file.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Ok, guys for the sake of good talk I am posting more pics...of this helmet. I will get some more with a zoom camera in a day or so...This helmet does have at least 3 layers paint. The tri color is seen under the paint and so I know then that the heer is also under it. They were not removed...see the pics. I was told it is very rare to see a decal put on this rough texture. It is a very nice piece...and that is the reason why I havent sold it. But then again if the price was right who knows. What is the reissue thing vs. field applied? If it does have decals under paint is it a reissue?Or were they removed at the reissue sites? Also dome stamp still visible with the original paint, the second paint was only applied above headband/liner and covers owners name(slightly visiable) and outside, the 3rd rough only on outside. Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?   Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?  

Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?   Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?  

Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?   Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?  

?

I added some more pics...

?

It does have Tri color, look at new pics...

Quote by fbeaty View Post
    Ok, guys for the sake of good talk I am posting more pics...of this helmet. I will get some more with a zoom camera in a day or so...This helmet does have at least 3 layers paint. The tri color is seen under the paint and so I know then that the heer is also under it. They were not removed...see the pics. I was told it is very rare to see a decal put on this rough texture. It is a very nice piece...and that is the reason why I havent sold it. But then again if the price was right who knows. What is the reissue thing vs. field applied? If it does have decals under paint is it a reissue?Or were they removed at the reissue sites? Also dome stamp still visible with the original paint, the second paint was only applied above headband/liner and covers owners name(slightly visiable) and outside, the 3rd rough only on outside. Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?
    Reissues come in all sizes and paints , rough paint is not so often seen. By the looks of it sand is probably mixed in the paint. But if it has a decal I would term it a reissue (mind you camo , reissue and overpaint are all names invented by collectors to box helmets into certain categories).
    For me this is a single decal M35 reissue , new decal on the rough paint , old decals overpainted. Helmets most of the time were repainted (re-issued) to kill the glare of the M35 paint (often double decal helmets) and given just one decal (by then all manufacturers were ordered to stop adding the tricolor shield).

?

Got it, one decal reissue...

?

Some guy using name ares @ German Helmet Walhalla is posting my helmet...wow. I am @ German Helmet Walhalla but it doesnt allow me to post. Dang.

?

Quote by fbeaty View Post
    Some guy using name ares @ German Helmet Walhalla is posting my helmet...wow. I am @ German Helmet Walhalla but it doesnt allow me to post. Dang.
    That is strange if you are not ares. Did you recently purchase the helmet or was it up for sale recently? Are those your photos and if so where did he get them? He started his picture thread on the Oct 27th and you started yours on the Oct 28th.....what gives?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast