Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KM EF64 M42 tricolor camo

Article about: Fatboy Slim is clearly a troll out spreading negative vibes. And clearly can't tell a good camo from a bad one. Probably doesn't even realize that if you click on the pictures you can look a

?

Default KM EF64 M42 tricolor camo

Got this in a trade recently. I have been drooling over this one for years, and am very happy to have finally landed it. Clearly a KM from the inscription inside the liner ("Matr. A. Teichmann", with "Matr." being the abbreviation for the rank "Matros" which was exclusively a Kriegsmarine rank).

I have seen a few helmets in these exact colors that came from Holland, also KM helmets some of them. Not sure if this was a coastal artillery or combat lid. Maybe both at different times. It might well have been in a Marine Infantry unit (Schiffstammabteilung), as there were some engaged in Arnhem during Market Garden. Just speculation on my part. I can't quite make out the number under the name, that might lend a clue.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM EF64 M42 tricolor camo
    P
    Many

Default Re: KM EF64 M42 tricolor camo

My God how do you did these? I'd kill just for one of these. Excellent Camo!

?

If the FPN reads 10453, this was assigned to the 13. (I.G.)Kompanie Jäger-Regiment 46 (L), which was part of the 16th Luftwaffe Felddivision. They were based in Holland, but deployed in Normandy and destroyed in August 1944. However, elements transformed into the 16th Volksgrenadier Division in the fall of 1944, which put up a stand in the Vosges region of France. The 16th VGD had Kriegsmarine combat elements. The FPN supposedly was discontinued when the JR46 (L) was destroyed, so I can't quite figure out why a KM soldier would have that FPN in his lid at that point.

Note, however, that the helmet has two names. The other is "Rid", which seems to be an odd German surname. However, I have found at least one German named "Rid" online. So maybe the KM soldat inherited his helmet from a wounded or fallen Luftwaffe soldier? Hard to say. No decal under the paint, unfortunately, to give further clues.

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...en/16VGD-R.htm

Its a bit of a stretch, I know. I just wish the number was clearer. Alternatives I have tried make no sense at all.

?

Absolutely beautiful camo KM lid Scott
    A pity that FPN is not easier to make out.

Brad.

?

I don't recall seeing that one before Scott. It's a killer camo and your research might prove to be correct and a Market Garden helmet indeed! Very nice helmet in every respect and in the right collection I might add! My compliments!

Congratulations Narvik...a beautiful Stahlhelm, well done!
    Glenn

?

Normally I don't make offers like this but if there is anybody you would like beaten with a ball bat I would be very happy to do it for the helmet.

Superb helmet,i'm sure that it's another one we all wished we owned!

Sorry. But I don't get a warm/fuzzy feeling on this helmet. Where's the wear on this 70 yr. old helmet? Not for me.

That is some cool camo lid.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast