Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

KM or golden Heer

Article about: by Stinschen Isn`t this decal very similar to the one recently posted here, the one with the "pants"? "pants" well it can get a little chilly at sea Chris

Default Re: KM or golden Heer

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    Isn`t this decal very similar to the one recently posted here, the one with the "pants"?
    "pants" well it can get a little chilly at sea Chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM or golden Heer
    P
    Many

How stupid do I feel!lol

?

You guys are probably tired of looking at this birds legs and appreciate your opinions nonetheless. The helmet (and decal) is now in my custody and just wanted to know what I have. I gather it is a toned heer (Pocher) with funky-looking legs.....maybe misprint? Thanks again.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM or golden Heer   KM or golden Heer  

?

ITs a strange bird alright. I know Frank feels its real but I would want to see this in hand. The entire bottom half of the eagle along with the squashed head are far out of proportions. I've seen misprinted SS decals and Heer/LW but never anything on this scale.

Having had a better look I still feel it's an original bird but the 'misprint' is most probably a post war touch up.

?

Thanks for your assessments. Is it possible to detect a postwar touchup.....with UV light perhaps? Could it be a wartime touchup since the toning seems to be pretty uniform?

Quote by Pablo View Post
    Thanks for your assessments. Is it possible to detect a postwar touchup.....with UV light perhaps? Could it be a wartime touchup since the toning seems to be pretty uniform?
    UV light could help , a USB microscope could tell the whole tale but you need some experience with that.

?

USB is the way to go.

?

I borrowed a USB camera and took these shots. Are these OK? I also looked at it with UV. I could not see any places where a touchup could occur. Anyway, I'm curious as to how this bird lost his leg feathers or did he ever have any.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM or golden Heer   KM or golden Heer  

KM or golden Heer   KM or golden Heer  

KM or golden Heer  

?

Again, many thanks for the comments. Here are some photos of a similar Pocher decal from a helmet (EF) posted on an Italian helmet forum. Looks like my bird has company. I wonder if there was a run of these misprints. Maybe I should start a support group for owners of the type of decal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast