Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KM Helmet Being Advertised on Auction, Is It Real?

Article about: M42 Helmet being advertised on an auction as a Kriegsmarine. Is the chocolate colored liner correct for this type of helmet? Decal looks weird to me as well. Would love to hear the experts c

Default KM Helmet Being Advertised on Auction, Is It Real?

M42 Helmet being advertised on an auction as a Kriegsmarine. Is the chocolate colored liner correct for this type of helmet? Decal looks weird to me as well.

Would love to hear the experts chime in on this one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM Helmet Being Advertised on Auction, Is It Real?   KM Helmet Being Advertised on Auction, Is It Real?  

KM Helmet Being Advertised on Auction, Is It Real?   KM Helmet Being Advertised on Auction, Is It Real?  

KM Helmet Being Advertised on Auction, Is It Real?   KM Helmet Being Advertised on Auction, Is It Real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM Helmet Being Advertised on Auction, Is It Real?
    P
    Many

Liner looks like a Norwegian reissued dyed one but the decal imo does look good.

Good decal and helmet but not necessarily KM , these are tricky to identify due to the natural toning of the lacquer of decals with EF shells.
    The liner unfortunately was treated with a product.

Just Sold for $580!!

seems to be the going rate for an early M42 in this condition ( cheap if it WAS a KM )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Indeed, cheap.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I saw this Auction, I one of the bidder's
    Seller wasn't selling this as Kriegsmarine Helmet, He listed it as an Army Helmet and that the decal has a gold tint possibly for Kriegsmarine (Navy) issue. He wasn't sure.
    About the Liner and chinstrap, This is what he listed,
    Helmet is complete with original leather liner and chinstrap. Liner shows some wear and has chocolate brown color, may have some added stain. No tears, complete with drawstring. Chinstrap shows some wear and a small tear and has been slightly shortened, complete with all hardware.

This Seller is well known, He's from NY.. Anyone that deals in WW2 knows him...

Who knows, It may be a Kriegsmarine Helmet (Navy) I'll leave that to you guys that know this.

Thanks for understanding...

?

Not a bad helmet for the money it went for.
    Nice M42 with the correct ET decal (maybe Heer, maybe KM).
    Liner has most definitely been treated with god knows what, but isn't Norwegian I believe.
    All in all, a really decent score for the new owner IMO.

Brad.

MAP
    ?

Would be interesting to see the underside of the liner to see if it was dyed or just treated on one side. Agree that it's not Norweigan. Fair price for a Heer.

SuperPro42. Welcome to the forum and stick around. Good to hear that the seller correctly described the Helmet. NY is a big place. Is the seller upstate NY or downstate NY? Looks like he works/owns a gun store given the taged rifles in the background. Would be interested to know where he is located (if he sells retail and not just auctions).

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Lidman View Post
    Not a bad helmet for the money it went for.
    Nice M42 with the correct ET decal (maybe Heer, maybe KM).
    Liner has most definitely been treated with god knows what, but isn't Norwegian I believe.
    All in all, a really decent score for the new owner IMO.

Brad.
    I agree.

William Kramer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast