Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KM M42, Another KM for my collection in 2 weeks??

Article about: Yea, I mean he already sold me a genuine KM so I don't think he's trying to rip me off or anything. He's a very nice guy. I don't have LW helmet in my collection yet and he has one he might

Default KM M42, Another KM for my collection in 2 weeks??

Hi everyone, I ended up buying that KM M40 that I posted a couple weeks ago. The same seller (who is a really awesome guy) has now offered me this KM M42 for $475. The liner looks like it's in great shape but the wear on the decal worries me a bit.

Let me know what you all think, and thanks for all your help guys, this is a really great forum with some fantastic people here to help out.

Regards,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM M42, Another KM for my collection in 2 weeks??   KM M42, Another KM for my collection in 2 weeks??  

KM M42, Another KM for my collection in 2 weeks??   KM M42, Another KM for my collection in 2 weeks??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM M42, Another KM for my collection in 2 weeks??
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: KM M42, Another KM for my collection in 2 weeks??

when zooming in very closely it looks like there's some paint drops on the left of the decal.
    It makes me worry, looks like its been placed later on and then aged.

The decal looks to be in too bad a shape compared to the rest of the helmet, it just doesn't look 'right'. Other than that, a great helmet!

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    The decal looks to be in too bad a shape compared to the rest of the helmet, it just doesn't look 'right'. Other than that, a great helmet!
    This was my first thought on it as well..........
    Regards,

Steve.

I would pass on this one ,the helmet has been repainted the decal looks wrong to me from what I can see.everything say fake to me.

I honestly dont like it..
    Is this a "Q" helmet by chance??
    The decal looks like a "Q" decal, and a majority of the fakes are of the big foot design..
    All the "tell tale" areas to see if it is legit "just happened" to be wore away..
    The color came from laquer..
    I would pass

The helmet is an NS64 and the lot number is D422.

The helmet is the "big foot" type, you're right. I didn't notice that earlier. I also compared the liner to a reproduction one that I have and it is an exact match, minus the ageing on the one on this helmet. I guess the conclusion is that it's a real shell, fake paint, liner, and decal. Thanks guys!

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    The helmet is an NS64 and the lot number is D422.

The helmet is the "big foot" type, you're right. I didn't notice that earlier. I also compared the liner to a reproduction one that I have and it is an exact match, minus the ageing on the one on this helmet. I guess the conclusion is that it's a real shell, fake paint, liner, and decal. Thanks guys!
    That is correct the only thing real is the shell.

Indeed a fake decal , guys can be great to deal with but unfortunately that doesn't mean they know a lot about helmets.

The moment i saw the decal and the paint together i didnt like it. I doubt the guy was trying to rip you off or anything, he probably genuinly thinks that its real.

Regards,
    Finn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast