Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine or Heer?

Article about: Heres my km

?

Smile Kriegsmarine or Heer?

I got this helmet for $575 has a great liner which is complete with no cracks and is original to the helmet (no chin strap) and is marked et64 batch number 700. I was wondering is this is the more rare helmet, kriegsmarine decal? It looks like gold flakes to me up close definately has a luster to it! please give me some advice, as this is my first german helmet. Any Idea of how much this is worth? I think I got a good deal! I am trying to get a chinstrap which is correct for this one for a decent deal, and have found a few on Ebay which are original. Please help, any advice is appreaciated, I will post more pics when I get new batteries for my camera. Thanks again!

-kevin

p.s what is the best way to store my helmet to keep it looking the same way I bought it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine or Heer?   Kriegsmarine or Heer?  

Kriegsmarine or Heer?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine or Heer?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsmarine or Heer?

Hi Kevin, welcome to the forum!

I feel sure your helmet has a toned Heer decal. A KM example would look much more gold in colour.

With regard to it's preservation you have to do very little indeed. Keep it out of direct sunlight and try and keep the room temperature from going from one extreme to another. Just give it a light dusting now and again, that is it.

Do not apply anything to the leather or the helmet itself.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I have been collecting since I was around 14 (small pins and other cheapo stuff) this is my first real investment. I think I got a pretty good deal!

Hi Kevin, the German helmet is such an iconic design I think most collectors no matter what there collecting field would like to own at least one. The trouble is they can be addictive!

I think you did well on the price too in today's market.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Well, I am only 24 and this is my first real german helmet. I bought a spanish one ($30)and a post ww2 blackaluminum german police helmet ($75). My friend thinks only Neo-Nazis collect these artifacts, but I told him its just cool to collect one of the most infamous regimes of all time war memorabilia! I am happy I found this site because I do purchase items from now and then and local VFW swap meets and getting advice from all you guys is great!

?

Got to agree with Ade, the decal doesn't have the real gold look of a KM much more likely a toned Heer decal,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

For me ,i think its a late Heer black lined eagle but the pic is not clear more eagle pic please
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine or Heer?  

?

Cool Re: Kriegsmarine or Heer?

heres another pic i just took! if this is a kriegsmarine helmet what would it be worth? it certainly sparkles a gold color.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine or Heer?  

Sorry Kevin, but I am still sticking to it being a toned Heer.

Cheers, Ade.

Toned heer, without a doubt, I have just got a KM I will post some pictures later today

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast