Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Kriegsmarine Helmet ?

Article about: Hello to all Being a former member Of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. I like to collect Marine type items. I'm restoring a Japanese NLF helmet Now I would like to look for a German Marine he

?

Default Kriegsmarine Helmet ?

Hello to all
    Being a former member Of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children.
    I like to collect Marine type items.
    I'm restoring a Japanese NLF helmet Now I would like to look for a German Marine helmet , which I beleive it would be a Kriegmarine Right?
    If possible could I get some pic's/ text / advice of what I should be looking for.
    Thanks In advance
    Phil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Helmet ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsmarine Helmet ?

Hi Phil, try this web. German-Helmets.com for starters but a good reference book or an original in hand is the best. The Kreigmarine helmet as you may know is quite similar in appearance to the army combat helmet with the exceptions of the gold decal and chinstrap.

The chinstrap in itself can be misleading because although it was to have a different type that did not always apply. Also army decals can turn to a gold color in time because the lacquer protective coating changes the typical silver army eagle to a gold tint in time.

I hope this helps.

rgds, Ty

Ty some very good points made there, however, I would like to add that KM decals were made different, and layered with gold. Be careful when making judgements about toned Heers or true KM's
    There are some dodgy people out there, just dying to take your hard earned cash
    If you look at this picture taken through a loop, you can clearly see the gold flakes that make up a true KM decal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Helmet ?   Kriegsmarine Helmet ?  

?

terrific photos and info John !

Al

Hi John, yes i understand that they were made differently and they used a gold type flake for it's reflection. I was merely trying to give Phil a starting point as he is a beginner and all that goes into that helmet is complexed if you are trying to compare a Heer with a KM. All of this takes studying, research and hand held examples of all of the above stated to be able to identify correctly.

rgds, Ty

Absolutely Ty

you made some good points , i was just re enforcing

?

Thumbs up Re: Kriegsmarine Helmet ?

Not a beginner here. So any and all info, along with the fine details of what I should be looking for is greatly appreciated. I started collecting in the late 80's ealry 90's but then started to have Kids and started to collect them. I know that when I stopped the Fake's started coming out of the walls and I figured since I've been out of the loop. I would check to see what the word was nowadays.
    Once again I appreciate any and all info.
    Thanks

sandydee
    ?

hi
    I have a kriegsmarine paper knife in presentation box its in exelent condition!do you think it is of any value?

WOW John those are excellent photos. I tried to take some shoots through a loop in the past but with no success. If you have a Heer helmet could you take some shots of it's decal for comparison purposes?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by sandydee View Post
    hi
    I have a kriegsmarine paper knife in presentation box its in exelent condition!do you think it is of any value?
    I think I've seen a couple of these small KM type 'letter openers'.
    IF it is a period piece, yes, it will be of value. Please post
    a photo of it in a separate thread...........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast