MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsmarine m35 et62 lot 4518

Article about: Hi Guys - This was posted on WAF but when migrating over to their new system it was deleted as part of 3 weeks of missing posts. Either that or they hated it. I've Had it for a couple months

When the Norwegians dyed the leather liners it also affected the stitching ( obviously ) but your chinstrap retains its white / natural coloured thread.
    so I say its good ......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine m35 et62 lot 4518
    P
    Many

Interesting photo Zach. I thought one guy had a camo (the light coloured one with a dark patch in the foreground) but I thinks it’s just a shadow. Don’t think I’d want two stick grenades strapped to my front like that!
    Andy

Quote by Danmark View Post
    When the Norwegians dyed the leather liners it also affected the stitching ( obviously ) but your chinstrap retains its white / natural coloured thread.
    so I say its good ......
    It could be Dan. I was just chalking it up to some "Skank" (for lack of a better word) that got on it after being around so many years anyway. Attic. Garage. Etc

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Interesting photo Zach. I thought one guy had a camo (the light coloured one with a dark patch in the foreground) but I thinks it’s just a shadow. Don’t think I’d want two stick grenades strapped to my front like that!
    Andy
    Ill send some more..... Yes ... they all did that dual grenade thing for the marine commandos and navy fighting men. Frank has some under his Kriegs section too. I have some good ones but they are watermarked by people. Dont wanna plagiarize. Ill send ya an email

Another sweet looking KM Zach. I think the paintwork is still pretty good - a little worn, but these KMs are quite pricey and i would consider this to be one of the better ones you could pick up. Great photo of the decal - super ridges.

I think a lot of the KMs we now see are from coastal artillery and the like - my hunch is the were abandoned when the troops surrendered or left their posts at the end of the war. I know Jan Meland has seen a few which makes sense in Norway. Looking forward to his book too.

nick

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Another sweet looking KM Zach. I think the paintwork is still pretty good - a little worn, but these KMs are quite pricey and i would consider this to be one of the better ones you could pick up. Great photo of the decal - super ridges.

I think a lot of the KMs we now see are from coastal artillery and the like - my hunch is the were abandoned when the troops surrendered or left their posts at the end of the war. I know Jan Meland has seen a few which makes sense in Norway. Looking forward to his book too.

nick
    Seeing that invasion fleet off the coast of Normandy I have no doubt many were like "OK Byeee" to their posts. And of course many fought courageously. And being that the artillery batteries were on the coast ... you cant get much closer than that. Yes...Norway seems like the land of KM Helmets with the various ports and bases.

I was surprised ... I thought this one was mislisted to be honest. Perhaps seller was drunk (just kidding if you are reading this and a member LOL) when he put it up. It was extremely fair / low for this one. No BIGGIE purchase. Thanks for the comments Nick. Always like reading your observations here and GHV.

Z

A very nice looking KM lid, congrats.
    Good to get one with such a nice decal, i agree that for whatever reason many KM decals did not always seem to adhere well, such as my salty KM example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine m35 et62 lot 4518   Kriegsmarine m35 et62 lot 4518  

Last edited by Blackdog; 07-16-2020 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Grammar

Quote by Blackdog View Post
    A very nice looking KM lid, congrats.
    Good to get one with such a nice decal, i agree that for whatever reason many KM decals did not always seem to adhere well, such as my salty KM example.
    Nice helmet brother. I lack a KM M40. Yes .... they are flaky decals indeed. Perhaps something to do w the multilayer construction or the metal pulver for the gold? (just a guess)
    Z

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2