Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine M40... real?

Article about: hello, i am working out a deal with a guy who wants to sell this helmet. there are no red flags that i can spot but maybe one of you can spot something. any help would be greatly appreciated

Default Kriegsmarine M40... real?

hello, i am working out a deal with a guy who wants to sell this helmet. there are no red flags that i can spot but maybe one of you can spot something. any help would be greatly appreciated

i can request more pictures if you guys want.
    Attached Images Attached Images Kriegsmarine M40... real?  Kriegsmarine M40... real? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine M40... real?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsmarine M40... real?

Need a close up of the decal

im still waiting on close-ups... but from what you can see so far does it look good? any ideas from anyone?

Helmet collecting and validating has a lot to do with comparing a decal to the shell maker. Having a lotnr is also handy.
    Never buy a helmet whereby you don't have this information : Maker , size and lotnr and a good decal close-up.
    Any opinions that form based on the pictures now provided will be purely speculative.

BTW The pictures are ridiciously small as well.

Still because the sun is shining I will venture to make a call based on these thumbnails.

I can tell the decal is a Big foot decal so that would rule out it being a KM helmet (no KM BF decals exist) and the maker should be Quist.
    These are the most commonly faked decals so from this picture I cannot tell it's original.

heres the pictures he sent me... let me know what you all think
    Attached Images Attached Images Kriegsmarine M40... real?  Kriegsmarine M40... real?  Kriegsmarine M40... real? 

Like I thought a big foot decal typical for the Quist maker. A Heer one as these were never made in a KM version. KM was not a large branch.

Pics are still to small to say it's a good one or a fake but I'd give a fair chance since it's on a Quist shell.

so is it just a really dark toned heer decal?

just when i think its kriegsmarine : )

yes,,,its another gilt-toned army decal,,,sorry,,,

as long as its all original, im trading about $700 of militaria for that and an army belt buckle with the tab. ill post pictures of the buckle in a bit

you should get a chinstrap or keep the tabbed buckle,,,,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast